bojo2736

Lost Hour of Building

Question

I spent an hour or more, gathering supplies to make my blueprinted house.  I had it built, and was having issues placing decor items inside of it.  So I logged out, and it was gone.  

I am not super happy with the grindiness of the game.  I'm not inclined to go back and repeat the last hour plus.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

There needs to be some way on the player side to force a save.  I will try explore again when this is fixed.  It's a deal breaker for me, I'm afraid.  I already don't like being forced to not be able to customize my explore map.  I am just not a grind player.  

You were lucky  you got back  in and  it  was just gone!   Some  players   get  kicked out/ connection  time outs  etc ..and when they do try to come back ...everything is  gone... they have to start  from zero  on a spawn island ... without a  protection barrier.

Every time i  come  to the  situation i have to cross  to another island ,  its "flingers etc  crossed"  hoping that  the game  doesn't  hang ... and i have to stare at a  non responsive  hamster wheel   hoping the game  wakes  up. A task manager  exercise is required after waiting  15  minutes to quit out and  try to  get back ..and  when you do get back, you pray that you log in back where you were  before, and  everything is  still there .

Twice i have   been forced to restart ... its  not a happy  situation and i can understand  why players  leave ...never to return.

Edited by kimbuck

@jchob suggested a restart.  I rebooted my machine, did a file integrity check and it was all back.  So frustrating.

Wea are working on a system, where the game saves progress more periodically and before certain actions are taken more reliably. This should fix the issue ?

• Like 1