Sign in to follow this  
zarwil

Where are the new custom scenarios in explore?

I've been playing the new explore for about 3-4 hours now but haven't found any new scenarios yet. Are they supposed to be super rare or something? What do they look like?

They made the random encounters a bit harder to find now, but they are there. It feels a little more like true exploration without having to see the same hundred encounters in one map. I found a few maps with none at all and was quite delighted actually. It feels a bit like an easter egg hunt now. When you finally find something it is worth all the searching, even if it's an encounter with no fantastic loot.

• Upvote 1

I found an yland dotted with big Merfolk towers so they are out there. 

I kind of agree about the empty ylands, but I must say.
It can be quite hard to choose which map to delete next. Partially because I don't always remember exactly what each map contained.(if it had something I valued.)
Partially due to many maps having a little special something that is hard to part with.

Honestly even without encounters I have come across some pretty sweet landscapes.

And you know this is only going to become more of a struggle as they add more amazing encounters and landscapes.

• Like 1

I kept a few maps with traders as it seems they may have done away with them. The vendors are ok, but the traders can help with big projects since they have shipments of resources. I just named the maps after the trader's names so I knew what was on each map. Others with tier 3 islands I just call "hunting grounds". Some of the new special custom made maps have a name all their own.  Not going to delete those because they are beautiful.

You'll create custom models that describe the types of entity that exist in your environment.

They've made it a bit more difficult to find random encounters, but they're still there. You don't have to see the same hundred encounters on every map, which makes exploring seem more authentic. In fact, I found a few maps with no information and I was rather pleased with them. I feel like we're on a hunt for Easter eggs now. If you find something, even an encounter that doesn't yield great loot, it is worth all the searching. 

Edited by Nikki Severin
Removed suspicious link