Sign in to follow this  
Nikki Severin

1.6.0.2: Patch - 3 May '21

Highlights
A few small, but important changes in the 1.6.0.2 patch :) 

Fixed
[YLD-29968] Fixed: wooden red roof block 5306 2*1*2 has changed prefab
[YLD-29976] Fixed: An issue where the game would always complain about the name already taken if you tried to rename yourself in your player detail.
[YLD-29998] In sensitive environment, log no longer lists request headers or get request url parameters (just the base url is logged).
[YLD-30062] Fixed: VS: some script tiles were duplicated in VS search when editing entity script.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Nikki Severin said:

[YLD-29998] In sensitive environment, log no longer lists request headers or get request url parameters (just the base url is logged).

what does this mean?

• Upvote 1

URL means user location or web address ...so I'm guessing they shortened the datalog entries to protect information? Either that or they shortened the data log entries to lessen the load time of the data? It's sort of like writing information on a computer that is accessing the web page that contains unneccesary information......so I can see why they got rid of it on the logs. 

It is possible this is also a way of simplifying looking at user data logs to determine an error.....it gets rid of the unnecessary info so they can just look at the information that caused the error instead of digging through miles of text.

Basically though I think it is a way of simplifying as I mentioned above.....Whenever you move or do anything in Ylands....it logs it, then sends a data request to the server, which bounces back (pings) the server with an acceptance of that data. Instead of logging all the non pertinent information it just logs the changes, the location, (maybe your steam account number) and that's about it. Its a better way of saving info that is less cluttered. A URL request header as mentioned above is some useless text that only displays the "Title" of each request.....sort of like when you write an email and it wants a description in the title of the email before you send it......think of it like this.....and I may be way off here, but it would be like reading "Player steps, left" "Player steps right" player picks up mushroom"....where each player "step" is a title or header before each actual real action....and they all have timestamps so there is more data being uploaded and bounced back for each tiny move we make....So if they get rid of the part of the logs (The header with the timestamp) where "Player steps left" and can concentrate on the part where "Player picks up mushroom and game crashes" it narrows down the search for the actual problems that occur.

Those are my guesses....if anybody has better guesses or an explanation I'm keen to listen.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Upvote 1

Hey guys! 

Before this change, local game log files partially included information that Ylands servers use to authenticate certain requests from game client. 

In case a skilled malicious third party got hold of a player's log file, it was theoretically possible for them to use the information in log file to dispatch requests to Ylands servers (e.g. workshop) under the identity of the player whose log they had. 

While the sensitive logged information has expiration time and becomes invalid once user logs into the game again; and we have neither observed nor have received reports of any such incidents; we have decided to omit the sensitive information from log file altogether.

Hope this explains it :) 

• Thanks 2