Sign in to follow this  
Nyma

How do I find my friend when playing coop?

My friend has joined my game.  How do I locate them on the island?

No real current way to do this other than telling them which island you are on on the map. Northeast, northwest, southeast, southwest, etc. If you are streaming your game you can show your map and your current position.....or if you are in voicechat  you can tell them....in game chat is just text....so those are pretty much your options. Light a big fire so they can see you....that sometimes helps.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

One more thing that helps is adjusting your video settings so the "level of detail" setting is on high. If it is on low I cannot even see the other islands, so the higher the setting, the further away you can see your friends. If it is too foggy to see them, turn the weather off in video settings as well.

• Like 3

They really need to add clan markers on the maps.  Why encourage co op play and then make it difficult?

• Like 3

i thank someone made a suggestion to have a lighthouse on the maps with a light that turns like a radar to show you where people are on the map

• Like 2

We definitely need to make this happen, it is an issue. We have a few suggestions and are currently looking into which one would work the best ?

• Thanks 3