Oliver Hope

Grouped objects with a parent are not animated correctly

When you assign a parent to a group of objects that groups position and rotation is relative to the parent's transformation. When animating the parent the child keeps its relative position correctly, the problem comes when animating the child. When animating the child it seems to forget that it has a parent space and uses the global space. If its at (1;0;2) relative to the parent it will go to (1;0;2) in global space and do its movement relative to global space instead of relative to its parent.
Its possible to do slight workarounds with reference points attached to the parent group but it is still limiting.

if you use an animator, you can set it directly in the animator, whether you want a relative or global position. if you do this with a script, you need to use a reposition tile... sorry,probably not exact translate,ill write you later,now im not in pc

5 hours ago, Mello1223 said:

if you use an animator, you can set it directly in the animator, whether you want a relative or global position. if you do this with a script, you need to use a reposition tile... sorry,probably not exact translate,ill write you later,now im not in pc

Im aware you can set it in the animator however it doesn't take into account its parents transformation.

I created a lot of animation, including animated groups and subgroups, and everything was right for me. yes, i had to figure out what to use and set up, but it works fine. 

7 minutes ago, Oliver Hope said:

Im aware you can set it in the animator however it doesn't take into account its parents transformation.

if you have a problem with something specific, I can help you through the discord.

@Oliver Hope
You have to check how your animation is moving. There are several options to move relative to the world or to the parent....

11 hours ago, Igor Q. said:

@Oliver Hope
You have to check how your animation is moving. There are several options to move relative to the world or to the parent....

The options I see are, absolute, relative and relative to position, non of these take the parent into account, or am I missing something?

@Oliver Hope
Hey Oliver

The way you want to do it is like this.

Group 1:  Objects + Reference point (at joint location for child.)

Group 2: Child

Set Group 1 to rotate

Set Group 2, to rotate around the reference point FROM PARENT, located at the joint location connecting Group 1 to Group 2.

MAKE SURE TO SET REFERENCE POINT INTERNAL ROTATION TO 0,0,0

MAKE SURE YOUR GROUP 2 PIVOT IS LOCATED AT REFERENCE POINT

image.thumb.png.d6a822fb4bfa1a2a2b850b20da196334.png

image.thumb.png.e8eaba95d90c5a021c085c4b94ead6e4.png

BEFORE:

image.png.055a964fd696a559edf555ffe74a496a.png
After:

image.png.2646a15f5b25245fffd53819cce65bb2.png

• Thanks 1