Sign in to follow this  
Nikki Severin

Dev Diary #213 Feedback, please!

Hey there, Ylanders! 

The Ylands HQ is super focused on 1.9 and we can't wait to bring you more info on the upcoming update, and we hope you're as excited as we are for all things sea-worthy! We're also constantly thinking about what lies ahead which is what brings us to today's Dev Diary topic. 

Last week, we answered some questions that kept coming up and we didn't want to leave them unanswered. This week, we'd like to switch the roles and ask you some questions. We have some general questions about your style of gameplay, but also open-ended questions, where you can anonymously give us your feedback about anything and everything in the game. The questions are short and will only take a few seconds to answer, also none of them are mandatory, so feel free to answer only those you're comfortable with! 

This feedback helps us stay on track and every comment you leave for us will be read and discussed

You can find the feedback form ▶️ HERE ◀️

image (8).png

Thank you so much for your help and please let us know what you'd like to read about in the next Dev Diary! 

And don't forget to Stay Classy, Ylanders! 

• Like 1

I filled it out but I don't know why. There have been so many good suggestions from me, from others that have gone ignored. I feel that in general most features are lacking/incomplete, leading to a lack of possibilities. Crafting has been dumbed down multiple times to make things easier, which means there's less to do. Also creativity is something which happens mainly in the editor, whilst in exploration you lose 99% of the possibilities of placing items exactly where you want to make stunning things there. I think for this game to be worthwhile in the long term on larger servers the general game mechanics need to be easy to use but hard to master, like in Minecraft. The core game is easy to play and have fun whilst allowing advanced players to do amazing stuff with redstone, keeping the game challenging.

• Upvote 2

That link doesn't work for me. Is there another way to reach the survey?

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, SandyT said:

That link doesn't work for me. Is there another way to reach the survey?

Should work now, sorry about that :) 

• Thanks 1