JonathanHunt

RESOLVED Crafting bug on Starter Island v1.9

Question

So i started a new exploration game and began playing on the starter island. I was able to craft but later when i quit my game and came back again, i had this shaded menu guide for learning to craft rope even though i had already made the stone axe and completed it's respected tutorial, later on i realised i couldn't craft with the craft button in the menu.

I'm not sure what triggered the bug, but it might be only for the starter island when leaving and resuming the current exploration game.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

unknown.png
unknown.png

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

Also had this happen. 

Would also add that, when you "start new" by clicking the arrow chasing itself, your inventory is full of all items you had in your previous playthrough. I had not played in many many months, but my inventory was full, and consisted of items I had craft the last time I played (axe, hammer, spear, sword, stacks of corn, and loads of other random items I had picked up previously.) I dropped everything, and proceeded with the tutorial (i did have to go back and find my flint lighter though).

I finished the tutorial (up to crafting the bamboo raft), closed the game, and when I came back to it I could not craft anymore. So I started all over again. When I launched exploration (again after clicking the arrow chasing itself) I was placed back in the starting position just off the beach, but now I had the axe, torch, and other items I had gathered when I completed the tutorial the first time.

I then exited exploration back to the main menu, this time after clicking the arrow to reset everything, I opted for the option to not do the tutorial. This time I was placed on the boat out in the water, but I still had all the times from when I did the tutorial (axe, torch, stacks of bamboo, rope, grass, stone, flint lighter, etc)

Edited by SlumnIt

Hey! 

This should already be fixed :) 

If anyone is still experiencing issues, please let me know! 

• Like 2

On 4/5/2022 at 12:46 PM, Nikki Severin said:

Hey! 

This should already be fixed :) 

If anyone is still experiencing issues, please let me know! 

I have this problem

• Like 1

I have the same problem. I re-started the tutorial after the mistake occured for the first time and now my game is broken again: Whenever I leave the game and re-enter it forces me to craft one grass rope (like in the first tutorial quest) and when I crafted that I can't craft anything else anymore... It's impossible to leave the starter island like that or to continue anyhow :( pls fix

I found one way to go around this: If I start the game new and NEVER use the TAB key, but go into crafting by pressing "O" it doesn't trigger the tutorial overlay

Edited by plunzauge