Hunter-Over-Fire

Better Swimming Quallities

Question

Swimming is a big part of Ylands, especially since the new update, and the fact that the world is mostly made of water with plenty of points of interest scattered beneath.

[SWIMMING]

Currently, you can swim at a decent speed up, and horizontally, but not down. Swimming down is painfully slow, even with gear equipped. Since down is one of your most primary directions while swimming, especially in deep waters, I feel like there needs to be a way to descend quicker.

[NEOPRENE SUIT]

The Neoprene Set is decent. It allows you to swim much faster than you ever could without it, however it lacks the tempurature resistance that it probably should have. I often find myself freezing to death underwater, and being unable to use bandages under water doesn't help.

• Upvote 5

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

On 4/1/2022 at 1:09 AM, Hunter-Over-Fire said:

The Neoprene Set is decent. It allows you to swim much faster than you ever could without it, however it lacks the tempurature resistance that it probably should have. I often find myself freezing to death underwater, and being unable to use bandages under water doesn't help.

It used to be warmer.....not sure why they changed it. I agree it needs to have more temperature resistance to colder climates

I don’t mind the lack of temperature protection. It encourages me to brew cold resistance potions.

Potions need to be brought back into the spotlight and this is a good way about doing it I think. :)

• Like 1

more options to withstand the  drastic temperature's  of the deep oceans. other then just the potion would be nice.

the speed at which one swims, maybe like the propeller pack, maybe we can get a thruster pack now ( Edit: but this would require another slot as it would take the scuba tank location)

Edited by 6Cowa6Bunga6

10 minutes ago, 6Cowa6Bunga6 said:

maybe we can get a thruster pack now

Submarines or watertight habitation is top of my wish-list!

• Like 1

a submarine sounds like alot of work. 
it wouldnt be something we can build ingame as there are no water mechanics for building air tight compartments.

but it could be a two birds with one stone. adding air tight compartment mechanics ingame could introduce a foundation for a submarine building platform and underwater bases. 

with the amount of work this would require, i dont see this coming anytime soon 

Edit: Unless they add a full submarine recipe to build thats like a raft or starter boat. very limited on what you can add. but how would the door hatch work. like a ladder? you teleport in and out

Edited by 6Cowa6Bunga6

2 minutes ago, 6Cowa6Bunga6 said:

but it could be a two birds with one stone. adding air tight compartment mechanics ingame could introduce a foundation for a submarine building platform and underwater bases

And that’s the avenue that I’m hoping will be viable.

Such as the core component for ships is it’s hull, so maybe submarines could be a hollow ‘box’ for players to build around and inside.

a new item like a thruster pack would be a nice addition to the water life when you havent gotten to the submarine end game

1 hour ago, 6Cowa6Bunga6 said:

more options to withstand the drastic temperature's  of the deep oceans. other then just the potion would be nice.

the speed at which one swims, maybe like the propeller pack, maybe we can get a thruster pack now ( Edit: but this would require another slot as it would take the scuba tank location)

That would be fun, but the current tanks are sort of like thruster packs already. You are able to jet some of your oxygen out of the back in order to get a small boost of speed out of it. Why not introduce a new type off hand-held tool that propels you along in the water, something like the sea glide from Subnautica or something? Speaking of, I also wouldn't mind a tool or way to rocket myself to the ocean's surface.