Deadeye_Rob

Custom-built, logic-operated doors for exploration.

Question

First off, I know that what I’m asking for would require a ‘huge’ amount of work for the devs, but I think that it would finally bridge our love for Exploration and Editor!

I would love to be able to place, and build a blueprintable logic-operated door which I have designed or downloaded on editor.

96DB1BB7-AC4D-4710-BA0E-2B646C69A2FF.thumb.jpeg.96b05cde8fc756330bad9f265bf74fba.jpeg10D79DEC-CD1D-4269-8A1A-0D5F74265F42.thumb.jpeg.2765c73a14a70dafe5abc8e1db5e3a60.jpeg

These photos are taken from my Project Safehouse Build and demonstrate perfectly what I’d like to see incorporated into Ylands.

But how can this be implemented?

A good question! In order to build an ‘Exploration comparable’ working door, a player/creator would have to build and weld all its components within a limited space.

Logic tools and scripts would be limited to movement, color change, and sound commands.

Before they can be brought into exploration, a composition must be uploaded to the Ylands Catalog where it can be verified prior to public release.

Phew!

long-winded suggestion but one that would certainly draw the attention of creators and players alike! They’re only doors, but who doesn’t want a working portcullis or blast door to their base!?

Let me know what you think guys!

Rob

• Like 1

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hey Rob

I'm on board with what you want aswell. The easiest way to implement something like this is to give us the option to craft custom entity templates imo.

• Fire 1

when my friend and I talked about what would be nice, we mentioned designs such as limited scripting, but the developers have already mentioned a complete remake of blueprints, a complete remake of energy, and they have mentioned something like a parallel world that can be traveled from the survey, and this the world would be made up of players in the editor.
after the last update I'm sure they will come with something amazing, we just have to give them enough time  :) 

1 hour ago, Mello1223 said:

limited scripting

That’s exactly the phrase I was getting at.

I’d love to release a ‘Door Pack’ onto the community workshop. Players could then place blueprinted doors, build them, and then use them in their bases, projects etc.