richardtaal

Ylandium component not working in exploration

I have found 2 ylandium component in my exploration but it doesnt unlock New items. It should go in the generator but somehow its not working for me as it doesnt show up. Anyone know how to fix this?

I only can build the wind turbine. 

if you don't have the recipe showing up, you may be missing an ingredient. have you gotten all the fish guts?

18 hours ago, 6Cowa6Bunga6 said:

if you don't have the recipe showing up, you may be missing an ingredient. have you gotten all the fish guts?

For what ive seen in sandbox i have all the ingredients to build it. The component was the last thing i needed but it doesnt unlock. Unless its something you need to discover with encounters. 

It even doesnt get the used in button to see what its used for. 

Edited by richardtaal

18 hours ago, spiritchaser28 said:

Hmmm if that's the case maybe try blueprinting the generator to see if that works. @richardtaal

Thank you for your idea, unfortunally u didnt work told me there wasn't anything to capture.

I still have hope with an encounter where you get these component but they are very rare for me to find. If not then its probably a bug. 

Oh I thought you meant the charging station at first....yeah generators do not capture in blueprints (Next update they are dong a blueprint overhaul so hopefully) The energy Not does blueprint......You may have to unlock another recipe in order to get the ylandium generator recipe.....sometimes the recipe system relies on a tech tree. Maybe a tool you have not made is needed in order to unlock it even though that tool is not used in the recipe. Try making every tool and workstation you can possibly make and see if something else unlocks the recipe.

It sounds silly, but I remember several months back before this update having to make a sewing kit in order to craft an energy workbench. I had all the supplies for the workbench but couldn't make it until I unlocked that basic recipe.

Edited by spiritchaser28

@spiritchaser28@spiritchaser28  i Will look into the tools see if im missing something. I could very well be that i missed one. 

@Nikki Severinthe first one i got for demolishing a energy not i found on one of the mystery Island. 2 others i got from random encounters under water. 

@spiritchaser28

I have all the tools, so that doesnt seem to be the problem. I think its a bug then. I keep unlocking more stuff with encounters tho. But the ylandium component encounters are too rare i cant seem to find more of them. So i Will never know if its related to that. 

Sorry to ressurrect your post, but did you ever resolve this issue? We have other people also having similar difficulties in getting the generator recipe to unlock. Their post is here if you would like to chime in with any tips!