Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

DEV ANSWER GLASS FORMING WORKSTATION ISSUES

Question

Hi ..  just  recently  my glass forming  station refuses to light... and also  refuses to allow  whats  crafted to be taken.  I  have  space in my inventory,  so thats not the issue.

Four times i have   destroyed and  re-crafted the station,  and  still   the issues... also  re-logged.

Re- j logging  now to see if the  problem is  transient  or  still there.

• Upvote 1

9 replies to this bug / suggestion

Re- logged ..it  shows "empty glass forming ..."  and it  contains items to be crafted but  will not  light.  Now  the  smelter  is titled  "empty smelter" yet has items  waiting to be  v crafted ..it  too will not  light.  The foundry  could be l lt ...so could the   stove  and the forge.. but the charcoal  oven  now  has the same  unable to light  issue.. I have  tried crafting  and  using  new  flint lighters..

I have  dumped  everything   out of   inventory, but  still  no  difference . cannto take things  from the   workstation...and it will not  light

Any suggestions?

ok  waited to see if t was an internet  thing..     re logged and tried again... seems all workstations requiring  to be   lit  show  as  "empty" instead of   unlit...and the  lighting function does not work. The  work stations  suddenly have  no contents  visible through the grates...  they contain  items to be crafted  which cannot be removed...and show the  "workstation full"   display  if you try to access them .  destroying the  workstation and  re crafting it  produces the same  result ...an  "empty" workstation".

Can you try putting wood in it first and then light it? See if that does the trick :)

No change..

All workstations   show as  "empty ... "  instead of  unlit. There's  no  LMB interaction to  light them.  its  not  my mouse as  other  LMB operations  work.. just  even though equipped  with a lighter... there's  no way to light the  workstation... its like the  script in it  has not  loaded or  failed

Note  this has now   affected   the  glass station, the  smelter,  the  foundry and the Charcoal  furnace ...all around the  same time. I suspect the same willl happen to the  stove and foundry when they  extinguish

You need to have sticks or wooden pieces in your hand in order to feed it, and then you should be able to light it.

Doh   ;-)   yup  that worked .... was this  something  new in the  steam update/.change?  First time  i encountered it.

Thanks  for the  help and   response ...        i learn something new  each day  ... :-)

Yaaay! But yeah, this was our fault, since the change wasn't supposed to be on the Steam version yet, so it wasn't mentioned anywhere. There was no possible way of you knowing about the change. Sorry about that! :)

No worries :-)  we forgive you !  But i  don't  like the way all those sharks  seem to follow me around  the shoreline...or   hide  under the pier my  boat is  moored against.  Makes me   very  conscious of  where i put my  feet ;-)