zarwil

Retain energy connections in game blueprints

Question

Hey, this is really bugging me at the moment. Prior to this last update, blueprints retained any energy connections you had set up, allowing you to neatly hide ugly energy components. This is no longer possible, and I don't quite understand why. If energy connections are not retained, that means we have to manually connect every component once a blueprint has been created, which means every energy component needs to be clearly visible and easily accessible. This means strict limitations in what you can create with energy in blueprints overall. If the reason behind this change is that you want energy components to be accessible in case a player accidentally disconnects a connection, that's fair, but they can always rebuild a blueprint if they mess it up. Please, please revert this change to the way it was before. It's a crushing limitation that pretty much ruins every creation I have ever made that uses energy.

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

On 9/4/2022 at 2:46 PM, zarwil said:

Hey, this is really bugging me at the moment. Prior to this last update, blueprints retained any energy connections you had set up, allowing you to neatly hide ugly energy components. This is no longer possible, and I don't quite understand why. If energy connections are not retained, that means we have to manually connect every component once a blueprint has been created, which means every energy component needs to be clearly visible and easily accessible. This means strict limitations in what you can create with energy in blueprints overall. If the reason behind this change is that you want energy components to be accessible in case a player accidentally disconnects a connection, that's fair, but they can always rebuild a blueprint if they mess it up. Please, please revert this change to the way it was before. It's a crushing limitation that pretty much ruins every creation I have ever made that uses energy.

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback I will pass it on to Ales and rest of the team.

• Like 1