Sign in to follow this  
rihapat

Dev Diary #284 Players Visit in Prague

Ahoy Ylanders!

Last Friday was quite unique. For the very first time we, Ylands devs, were casually meeting up with our adventurers Stiegi and YoHasLEGO. They have been at the core of our community for quite some time, whether it's on discord, in the blueprint shop or on the C.A.G. server, you probably met them too! So how did it happen that we actually met up? There is a story, of course...

image-2023-8-4_11-54-12.png

This is not actually exactly how the story goes - it was much simpler. A few weeks ago, YoHasLEGO and Stiegi contacted Anna, our community manager, that they would be in Prague, where our HQ is located, and asked if we wanted to meet up. Of course we want to meet some of the most active community members, especially since they agreed to answer our questions in a proper game dev meeting while exploring, in true adventurer nature, the wonders of Czech cuisine. So we decided to share the meeting notes with you and give you a bit of an insight into the process featuring actual players!

IMG_7378.jpg

Community Meet Up

Date: Aug 4, 2023

Atendees:                                                                                                                             

• YoHasLEGO
  • Stiegi
  • Anna
  • ChoCho
  • pYpse
  • Nikki
  • Patrik
  • Prokop
  • Mr. Fluffy

Secretary: Nikki (I wish our Senior Producer was here, he takes the best notes)

Goal: Get together, talk about Ylands, other games and life in general. Refreshments optional.

Topic 1 - Ylands:

Stiegi thinks it is the best game in the world and so does YoHasLEGO. They need some very specific piece of triangle building block. Design is taking notes on the specifics and will discuss them with Art. YoHasLEGO will follow up with us in more detail.

We discussed the whole process of reacting to community ideas together and we didn't miss the opportunity to ask for specific feedback from our players face-to-face. Designers were asking about general and specific design ideas and followed up with questions about the direction of the game. Senior QA ChoCho and CM Anna were curious about bugs processing and if we are dealing with them to the players content, and Marketing was interested in conceptual topics such as understanding motivations, drives and player journeys and inquired about specific merchandise ideas and in-game items that players would like to see in the shop.

NEXT STEPS: Ask community to react and feedback these points as well, right here in the comments. We will be happy to read your feedback.

Topic 2 - Grabbing dinner:

Adventurers are exploring new things practically non-stop, which is why YoHas had "svíčková" and Stiegi fried cheese, new dishes for both of them and true signature, authentic meals of the Czech cuisine. Along with that they both tried Kofola, which is a Czech herb-ish cola-type soda. For future reference: The Slovakian "halušky" is not a good choice at this particular establishment, go with the "svíčková" or fried cheese instead.

Dessert was kindly provided by Stiegi's mum who made us Ylands themed cookies! Delicious, thank you!

prnicky.jpg

Topic 3 - Other games:

Long discussion, since all of us are gamers and we love talking about all the games all the time. The discussion went on until quite late and this is where a Senior Producer would take much better notes because I got too invested in the debate and forgot to take any.

ACTION ITEMS:

• Thank Stiegi and YoHasLEGO for their visit and cookies
  • Wish them good luck in their studies closely related to Ylands in one way or another
  • REMIND the community to join our Discord server to be able to chat with us even more often and more closely about Ylands!
  • Prepare the next Dev Diary about the Community Ideas List

Thank you for reading the notes and we'll be back next week!

Stay Classy!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 8/11/2023 at 10:23 AM, rihapat said:

This is not actually exactly how the story goes - it was much simpler

I beg to differ! 
Let me explain the backstory of how this all started.

So a little over a year ago Jrock made a server where he, Mello and me built a medieval town. In between building we had some hilarious role playing moments. One of the best being a night now known as "night out with the boys". Mello just finished his beer storage filled with huge barrels full of beer. We all grabbed a bottle and as the night went on, things escalated into madness! Mello and Jrock started throwing fists, passed out and some of us started to run around naked across the streets. Not a pretty sight.

Anyway, the role playing we did in combination with some chill building is one of the most fun i've ever had in the game and i really treasure the memories we had on that server.
But then, Stiegi responded in discord with this hilarious post below!

image.thumb.png.246faa4137a92f45c026b06352f667f3.png

He made a scene out of it. Figuratively and literally. He went through the effort of building a thrashed up party scene, with him sitting there alone and drew tears in his eyes afterwards. Talking about committing to the bit!

Then Nikki tried to comfort him by promising that she would invite him for a party with the devs.

image.thumb.png.c739eb8be95a929b0b2f8eeabc5ae56d.png

Which brings us to this post, after a year of waiting.

On 8/11/2023 at 10:23 AM, rihapat said:

image-2023-8-4_11-54-12.png

So, now we're all caught up I just want to say again that this was so cool to meet you all for real. Love you all so much ❤️

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Yo HasLEGO said:

I beg to differ! 
Let me explain the backstory of how this all started.

So a little over a year ago Jrock made a server where he, Mello and me built a medieval town. In between building we had some hilarious role playing moments. One of the best being a night now known as "night out with the boys". Mello just finished his beer storage filled with huge barrels full of beer. We all grabbed a bottle and as the night went on, things escalated into madness! Mello and Jrock started throwing fists, passed out and some of us started to run around naked across the streets. Not a pretty sight.

Anyway, the role playing we did in combination with some chill building is one of the most fun i've ever had in the game and i really treasure the memories we had on that server.
But then, Stiegi responded in discord with this hilarious post below!

image.thumb.png.246faa4137a92f45c026b06352f667f3.png

He made a scene out of it. Figuratively and literally. He went through the effort of building a thrashed up party scene, with him sitting there alone and drew tears in his eyes afterwards. Talking about committing to the bit!

Then Nikki tried to comfort him by promising that she would invite him for a party with the devs.

image.thumb.png.c739eb8be95a929b0b2f8eeabc5ae56d.png

Which brings us to this post, after a year of waiting.

So, now we're all caught up I just want to say again that this was so cool to meet you all for real. Love you all so much ❤️

This is all true :D