Gracekain

RESOLVED Tool Durability

Question

I feel that the iron tools break too fast.  When building my house, I felt that I spent more time remaking tools then actually building.  I haven't accurately counted, but it seems that my saws break after making the 10th beam.  Then I have to stop, go to my storage, get a stick, get some heated iron, if I dont have heated iron, fire up the forge, wait a min to get the heated iron, hold on another min to make the tool.  

If the tools are going to break so often, then I suggest we have the ability to make them on the fly.  Maybe require a tinkering kit in your pack to craft tools? As long as you have the tinkering kit, iron bars, and wood in your pack, we could make tools on the fly. 

• Upvote 2

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

Thanks for the feedback! 

You can repair tools by having a repair kit in your inventory, clicking on the tool and clicking "repair."

But i agree the tools break far too often now. We will adjust the values. :)

10 hours ago, Khanecz said:

You can repair tools by having a repair kit in your inventory

I personally think that repair kits are not really useful for repairing most of the tools. Too many things required to craft something that will boost durability of an item. I prefer dismantling them and crafting all of them (or most of them) again. Maybe if you could repair them at workstations for some little cost and leave repairs kit for traveling purposes? :)

15 hours ago, Khanecz said:

Thanks for the feedback! 

You can repair tools by having a repair kit in your inventory, clicking on the tool and clicking "repair."

But i agree the tools break far too often now. We will adjust the values. :)

I have used a repair kit on a tool just to have it break after 3-4 uses.  I do not think is restores the tool to 100% durability.  

I only used it that one time and figured it wasn't worth the materials.