Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

DEV ANSWER Unable to interact with stone masons station etc

Question

I cannot  get an  interactions  window  with the  stone masons  station...also  the  woodworking bench.

I have tried the others   ( smelter...blacksmith,  foundry  etc )   and they seem to work,  but  with   the   stone masons station  all i can do is punch it or  walk  on it!

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

I think it has to do with the new "tech tree" they added in 0.6, it looks like you can now craft those stone/wooden things directly from your inventory menu. 

Hmmm ... need to look into  it :-)    hard to teach an old  dog  new tricks , but it will wag its  tail if offered a  treat xD

Thanx  

Edited by kimbuck

Hi,
the stonemason stand, woodworking bench and glass forming stand were indeed disabled, which means they might still be present in older savegames, but anyone who starts new game from now on won't have them available.

Lot of same things in the techtree were crafted differently so we wanted to adjust that and after reaching blacksmith station, new recipes were unlocking more randomly without creating some bigger groups. Now the techtree should be much more structured into logical groups creating few eras, while there is always some kind of threshold technology that player needs to master in order to progress further. We will definitely work in the future to explain those informations to players in better way than it is done right now.

You may also notice that kiln now works differently (before it was used only to craft charcoal), and we've introduced some new workstations like chemistry station, locksmith table and ylandium refinery.

We hope those changes will make the crafting more understandable, at least after the period of getting used to them ;-)

• Thanks 3