Tobi Noun

Everything is black

Question

I do not have the best laptop, but the game should work for me. It does not matter which settings I choose, my gameplay remains black. Have taken screenshots of it and also uploaded to my profile. Can someone help me with what is possibly to stop, so that I can play?

33057F0395C7338A81C9CC121E252C53D4DD61BB855F60FDCC813793CC3905E4F55497313914DBD6

14 replies to this bug / suggestion

Could you attach your DxDiag report, please?

Please try updating your drivers, that might solve your issue.

Please send us both output_log and output_log_clean, you can find them in the directory \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

I used the automatical check from Intel to search for new drivers, but Intel told me, there are no new drivers. ;)

I installed the drivers from 2015.something changed, but its not better than before. Here the Screenshots. (pink - High settings / black/white - low & medium settings)

872CA6A156326CF941E1E5ECF245C2121BC0F81DD791F0F722B9793F3AA610A6A1F67CEB80F70B9E

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Edited by Tobi Noun

I looked up your graphics card - Intel HD Graphics 3000 is not compatible - you need a DirectX 11 (level 11) compatible card - yours only has level 10.1. Is the laptop Optimus enabled?

10 minutes ago, Tobi Noun said:

I don't know what Optimus enabled means. ;)

https://www.lifewire.com/nvidia-optimus-technology-834096

"

What is Optimus?
Optimus is a technology by NVIDIA that automatically adjusts graphics based on how you're using the device to better conserve battery power on a laptop computer.

Sometimes this is referred to as a hybrid graphics system.

How does Optimus work?
Optimus transitions between integrated graphics and a discrete GPU automatically based upon what applications a user launches so you can utilize high performance graphics during gameplay or when watching an HD movie. When you're done or are simply surfing the web, Optimus-enabled systems can switch to integrated graphics to prolong battery life, which is a win-win for users.

What are the benefits of using a laptop with Optimus technology?
The key benefit of using a notebook with Optimus technology is better battery life as the system isn't running the more power demanding discrete graphics card non-stop. By automatically switching between integrated graphics to a dedicated graphics card, you'll find battery life to improve in mixed computer usage situations. Since the system is done automatically, it also improved upon previous hybrid graphics systems that required the users to manually switch between the two graphics systems.

"

- If your laptop is Optimus enabled, in Control Panel - Power management - are you using a high performance profile setting?

Edited by John - NEXFER

I don't know how to change DDI from 10.1 to 11. 

I've got intel onboard HD Graphic and no Nvidia Graphic