Migelthesloth

RESOLVED Crash on launch / Game doesn't start (Steam=

Question

Just bought and downloaded the game on release, launching it instantly gives me an error message explaining there has been a crash and a crash report has been saved. I tried the usual steps, restarting PC, running as admin, verifying game files.

I am hesitant to refresh my Graphics card drivers (Just did that a few days ago, download takes too long due to slow internet and I don't have time for it right now).

I was told to disable Rivaturner, EVGA PrecisionX or MSI Afterburner. I don't know what these are, and my task manager is showing no such thing.

Attached, the output_log file from Ylands_Data (as requested by a dev on Steam forums),  WinRAR compressed crash folder.

Note: I was also asked to include an "output_log_clean", but there is no such thing in my game files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

31 replies to this bug / suggestion

The system you are using is Windows 8, not Windows 8.1, right? The error you get looks like a DirectX error - if it is possible for you to upgrade to Windows 8.1, you'll get a newer DirectX version, which might help. But no promises. 

That sounds like it might work.

I've had problems whenever I updated to 8.1 so far, especially with my network.

I believe the main issue is my utterly outdated receiver USB-stick, which appears to be incompatible with 8.1. I 've been meaning to get a new router for a long time and this might just be the excuse I needed. I'll think about it these next days, might be a while until I next post.

Thanks for all the support, have never gotten this big of a response from devs :)

I'm sorry we can't help you more, but this is really an error that we haven't seen before. :) Hopefully it helps, but it's rather a hip shot at this point.

So here's an little update: I still haven't upgraded to Win 10, I still haven't built a new PC. Ylands still won't launch.

There is news though. I have recently bought Escape from Tarkov, which is giving me the exact same error. Seems like this is a problem on my end.

Hi, this will probably my last post.

It finally works. I got Escape From Tarkov and Cities: Skylines, which both showed the exact same error message. I eventually reset my PC to factory settings, then installed all aviable Windows Updates without upgrading to 8.1. It runs smoothly now, and looks great. I'll be playing this for a while now.

Thanks a lot for the help, guys! See you around!

• Like 1

Awesome! Hope you enjoy the game now :)