SouL Prisoner

Don't get too greedy! (In-game store)

Don't get too greedy. At least not so soon. You'll end up killing a game with good potential. Just focus on making the game good and money shall follow automatically. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yup definitely one way to scare away potential buyers.  It is still in early access so this should be the last thing to focus on..

Although at first many other Ylanders were skeptical as well, the devs have come up with pretty good answers to our (quite harsh)feedback as you can read here:

I believe that the actual prices are very fair for what you get. If we take €5 = 1000 Coyns, then 1 Coyn is only half a eurocent. Especially the consumables are cheap, seeing that you can soon buy 10 chairs for 20 coyns, each chair is only 1 cent. The emotes and weapon skins are more expensive, but I feel like they are more of a novelty.

Besides this, it's a way for content creators and server hosts to earn some Coyns as well. I'm currently renting a server to host a 24/7 dedicated server as soon as the server packages are released, which costs me quite a bit of money. If people really like playing there and they want to contribute, instead of spending IRL money they could support the server by spending Coyns, which they could have earned by selling mods or compositions to other players :) It's more of an ingame economic system than just a pay2win store to be fair. I believe that if you got time and creativity on your hands you could end up having all the things you want without spending any real life currency :) 

If you got any more concerns please be sure to join the discussion in the FAQ topic!

Adrie

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Yes, definitely. The in-game store is really not an important feature for us but we think it is only fair to have it in the game from the beginning. Our plan is to provide players with enough free coyns during Early Access not to make any additional income.

That said, it is important for us, in the long run, to have something in the game that would allow us to keep the game afloat for many years to come. Trying to rely on new players to fund the operation of the game for the existing user base is simply not a viable model.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm trying to get the additional 4600 coynes for linking my steam account...I get the 4600 but even after saying my account is already linked I only get the original 4600(not the additional 4600), giving us 9200 coynes for Early access REALLY makes me think its not a bad thing to monetize so early (its not P2W so buy it or don't won't effect others)

Is there any way to help me get the other 4600? what am I doing wrong??

Lee

The extra 4600 coyns were only for people who bought the game BEFORE the Steam release.

Confusion is how the shops work. They would say .10 cents for this or .25 for this if they were transperant. The thing is i dont think any real modders or members will give enough time to a micro transacion system to support the game after you release. at the moment we want to see a game made for us with quality items and coding all the rest is for after you do that and release. as soon as i seen it i wanted to get my money back but im over 2 hours. i can already say the creation on your shop all 50 them lol are sub par to even minecraft. So id say if you hadnt scared off millions who know a free to play shop is in game would gave you money to sustain the haul after release. We dont say lets paint the car then we will look for a car to buy. i dont care if you gave me a million coins for early access if the game runs like crap and there are so many limits for those who would mod the game. Most modders do not want their content to be attached to a game thats selling things in early access. Ark proved ho wbad you can kill a game they were on the top now its hard to give a copy away.

Speak for yourself. I look forward to the shop being more well stocked. I want more decorative items. I want furniture. I want more costume options. If it means buying them, so be it. The thing about the store is, you don't have to use it. I do hope that I can buy through Steam. 

Edited by bb cakes
Spelling, what else?

I usually hate Micro Transactions in games that are not free to play. Hell I hate em even more in Singleplayer games. So I'll get that out of the way.

BUT!

And there's a but there. When I saw the game had an in game shop. I was a bit skeptical on buying it. I didn't want it to turn into.. Another.. I dunno. H1Z1 or *insert every other generic game that allows you to buy clothing and forgot to develop the game* 
Although. Having said that. I decided to check the forums.

After checking said forums, reading the same thread that Adrie posted above. I can honestly say I quite like the idea of an in game shop in THIS game.
See, in my opinion, what most people fail to realize is that the dev team aren't just "2 Guys working on an Indie title". No, they are an actual dev team that care about the players and care about their game. Plus, they have people that work on different things at the same time. So even IF they get more customizations or work on store items. That doesn't mean that they dont work on fixing bugs. Because different people have different roles.
You have Art Designers, 3D Artists, Programmers etc etc. 

Also you can see that they do care about the game as said above, you can see it from the simple fact that.. everyday  you can see one or two people from their team replying to comments, interacting with the community. And that says a LOT compared to other Early Access titles.

Another thing is. Why I am mostly even more excited about this game. And I'm fine with the store is that. Ylands.. Isn't JUST a game, per say. They want to allow players to build their own games. In their words (Correct me if I'm wrong here) "It's a game but also a platform for people to create their own games".

And in time, us, normal players, can actually build/create stuff for the game, that we can then sell ourselves for coyns. And in the future could even (again correct me if I'm wrong) trade those coyns for real currency (Look at Second Life I guess?)

So yea.. the shop itself is a way for the team to actually manage to get some extra income for developing what they want to develop. And what they add IN the shop will be purely cosmetic. Again quoting the dev team "Each cosmetic Item we add in the store will have a Free version in the game"

In a nutshell. You don't have to buy anything from the store. I am pretty sure we'll have enough mods after we are given the freedom/access to create em, that we may not even need the store. 
Although I, for one, am definitely gonna support the team in the future by charging coyns and buying stuff from the in game shop... ESPECIALLY since.. on the revolver.. you can see a skin that's not on the store yet.. And that's the Steampunk Revolver.. I can't WAIT to get a full steampunk pack.. x3 <3

Cheers.