blancket

Question about editor mode

Hello everyone :)
I am currently learning how to use the editor mode.
I wonder if there was an option to enlarge or shrink an object?
A for exemple to enlarge a mushroom to make a giant mushroom.
Thank you.

Hi blancket!

We know that this would actually make one cool feature but unfortunately it is not an easy one to implement - there are lot of things that have some degree of interactivity (chairs, bushes that can be harvested etc. etc. - the list is actually super long :) ) and scaling those would result in breaking some of the features. There are objects (like the mushrooms you mentioned) where this would be easier but letting players scaling only specific (rather small and not very clearly defined) group of objects doesn't feel right either. But this is definitely something we will be look into in the future.

On a different, but slightly related note - I've noticed that you are missing better object filtering in the Editor and as a result we will be adding that to update 0.21 (it will work in a similar way to inventory/creator cube catalog). I was wondering if there's anything more you think could be improved in the Editor so that you could build objects there? Feel free to point out anything you feel is wrong/not working as expected or hit us with any wish you might have when it comes to Editor features (it's almost Christmas time, after all :)) - and anyone else potentially reading this please feel free to step in as well!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aleš Ulm said:

I've noticed that you are missing better object filtering in the Editor and as a result we will be adding that to update 0.21 (it will work in a similar way to inventory/creator cube catalog).

That are super news! And to the Editor there are still two things for me. I didn't found better way to check particicle effects then launching that scenario. But loading the world a then closing it and going back to the Editor is really slow. Plus it would maybe be nice to have openable doors in chracter mode in Editor. :)

Thank you for your prompt response.
And it is superb news this addition for the 0.21. Thank you very much!

Otherwise, the game is already very god as it is.

But just a question: I do not know if it is me who does not find this option, of if it is an addition for the sequel, but how to put a new spawn point in editor mode?
I would like to create a map with floating islands but I do not find how to start a game directly on these floating islands.

Oh yes! Sorry!
I have a request for improvement.
Would it be possible for a future update, to be able to reduce even smaller than 1M5 the size of the painting option?
For I will sometimes go in detail level decoration but I am quickly annoying because 1m5 is sometimes too big. Moving the minimum to 0.5 would be really good.
Thank you

Hi blancket!

I'm sorry for rather late reply but  we had to discuss your suggestion (smaller painting radius) first - we've put it on our todo list but unfortunately this isn't something that would be easy to implement right now.

As for the spawn point: as longer as there is no existing player role (player role game logic object) in the level. it should be enough to place a spawn point to wherever you want the player to start in the level. If you create player roles you need to specify where players who choose this player role when starting the game will spawn.

If you need more detailed explanation, feel free to ask :)

Hello!

First and foremost, I really enjoy the game thus far. and find the mechanics are very easy to understand. My only confusion is whether or not water is able to be add/placed in Editor mode?

If so, how? If not, is this a possibility to be added?

Edited by Play3r_01

On 12/13/2019 at 8:18 PM, Play3r_01 said:

Hello!

First and foremost, I really enjoy the game thus far. and find the mechanics are very easy to understand. My only confusion is whether or not water is able to be add/placed in Editor mode?

If so, how? If not, is this a possibility to be added?

Hello to you too! Editing water is not possible as of now, it requires more work to function properly but we definitely want to make it possible in the future so stay tuned!