rich_27

RESOLVED Horse Stuck in Tree

Question

Hi,

My horse is currently stuck in a tree. Quitting to menu and reloading does not seem to move the position of the horse, and I cannot dismount with right click. Trying to move the horse plays the movement animations, but the horse stays stationary. I do not seem to have any ability to get out of this situation, especially since we no longer seem to be able to use tools whilst on the horse.

Many Thanks,

rich_27

20171207205955_1.jpg

12 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi, this definitely shouldn't be happening. :) Could you try /unstuck command? Better backup you save first, though!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the help. I have tried the unstuck command with arguments 0 to 3, and it does not seem to move me.

Edit: Options 0 and 1 cause a flash of the screen and brief spinning wheel as if the game is trying to move me, but I either do not move or appear in exactly the same location.

Edited by rich_27
Extra info

Well, that's unfortunate. Could you send us your save file? Tomorrow, when we're at work, we'll see if we can figure something out for you.

• Thanks 1

once i got stuck in a tree and   had a similar experience... but i selected an axe from inventory and  "chopped" my way out ...but  not sure if you can  do this  while on a horse without harming the horse! O.o

• Upvote 1

Sure, no problem. I believe this is it. I've only included the most recent save in the remote\SaveGames folder as the folder is 133MB (I've included a screenshot of that as well in case it is useful - as a separate issue I have a huge number of saves despite only having created 4 or 5 worlds and deleted all bar the current one (and a glitched save)).

Thank you for the amazingly quick response on this, I'm incredibly impressed.

LatestSave.zip

SavesFolder.png

11 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

once i got stuck in a tree and   had a similar experience... but i selected an axe from inventory and  "chopped" my way out ...but  not sure if you can  do this  while on a horse without harming the horse! O.o

Thanks for the info - I didn't realise you could quick equip items from inventory whilst on a horse. Odd since you don't appear to be able to select from your toolbar with number keys or scroll wheel.

Worked great, shame about poor Relampago though!

20171207214359_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Oh, that solution didn't came to my mind! :D We're glad you solved it and we're very sorry about Relampago!

• Upvote 1

The meat will be  delicious:P

Not  quite the same  as rl  horses  though ... arm yourself  with hay and  recruit another.

Bet you are  just as addicted to the game  as  I am ..( and many others are ).

The real fun comes when a bear slaughters  you on a distant  island  and you respawn at home  and have to build a tiny  ship,   and  dodging  sharks  etc   sail  back to that  island to recover  your ship ...only to find the  bear waiting on the  shore where  you moored it ...and  sharks   in the water waiting for you to swim to recover itO.o

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Berzeger said:

Oh, that solution didn't came to my mind! :D We're glad you solved it and we're very sorry about Relampago!

Thanks! Hope the save helps your team to figure out how it may have happened and how to prevent it in the future!

4 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

Bet you are  just as addicted to the game  as  I am ..( and many others are ).

Absolutely!

Hey people im having the same issue but my horse doesn't seen to be stuck in nothing, he just won't move, i can't dismount and i can't kill him either. I tryed all the unstuck commands nothing works, i'm starving to death and i don't want to die :/

20171211084416_1.jpg

This has been marked as resolved, but it doesn't appear to have been. If why the horse got stuck has been determined and alterations have been made to prevent this again great, please let us know before marking the thread resolved. If it has been merged with another issue, please let us know. If it has not, it seems others are suffering from the same issue and it would be good to investigate some more or log an issue somewhere.

Thanks, Rich

On 12/12/2017 at 6:55 PM, rich_27 said:

This has been marked as resolved, but it doesn't appear to have been. If why the horse got stuck has been determined and alterations have been made to prevent this again great, please let us know before marking the thread resolved. If it has been merged with another issue, please let us know. If it has not, it seems others are suffering from the same issue and it would be good to investigate some more or log an issue somewhere.

Thanks, Rich

Hi all,

Here's a simple enough way to fix your self, until such point as this issue has been patched. @41:50 during a live stream, I got stuck and demonstrated a work-around in the editor.

For the developers - @34:50 you can see the process of getting stuck.

Edited by John - NEXFER
  • Thanks 1