Sign in to follow this  
-ghost-tf

RESOLVED Character creation bug - Multiplayer

Question

Happened in both build 0.02.12564 and build 0.02.12696

Today I tried to join a multiplayer session with 2 other friends of mine, but when joining the server I get stuck on the character creation screen. My friends are able to create a character but when they get past that they are stuck looking at the sky but no loading messages show up.

All 3 of us have tried to host but nothing worked, in the end my friends managed to join eachother with Hamachi, but I still got stuck on the character creation screen, video below shows what happens for me.

-After enabling local MP server before you create a new game, it will reset the player count and password once you are ingame. You will have to change the max players again through Esc>scenario settings > setup (otherwise the server will show 1/0 players in the server browser).

-The passphrase also doesnt seem to work, you can still see and join the server without having to type any passphrase.

output_log.txt

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi,

thanks for the report! We are currently fixing several multiplayer related bugs - including this one. We will let you know as soon as the patch is released.

Hello!

Could you please check if you are still getting stuck at the character selection screen? We just released a patch that should fix this issue and a couple more related to Multiplayer. 

Thank you for your patience. 

I am now able to create a character, however he shows up as if I'm in creative mode, but the server is hosting survival.

TMGrtLfm.png

EDIT: Passphrase and player count are working properly now.

output_log.txt

Edited by -ghost-tf
  • Upvote 1