Sign in to follow this  
Aethelis

failing to board my ship

Question

hey,

i'm not sure, if its a bug or something other.

after i looted the second new island, i couldnt board my ship via the ropeladders on its side anymore. i can do the action on them but it gives me a Failed result on the screen.

(edit) it worked fine while building the ship and until after the first new island.

is this intended?  can i fix it?

i can still use the ship, just have to build a ramp and place a massive log to jump over.

Edited by Aethelis

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

Definitely sounds like a bug! We'll fix it, not sure it's gonna make it for this update though :) 

I usually get failed result if im in cold water and get the freezing trait ( usually the worst time to get failed attempt.hehe. ) i thought it was on intent so from that time i allways have resources with me to make a raft so i can get safely back and from the ship

I have the same problem with my ship, after I ended  my game and restarted to continue a while later the ladders on both sides were gone.

Little tip to get onboard: craft a raft and jump from the raft onboard. 

Hey, we will definitely look into this. Could you please send us logs? 

• Upvote 1

had this again yesterday. the ship jumped around when i removed some logs on the pier near to it and started moving backwards even while anchored (i built a new winch near the stern), after that i failed climbing it again. exiting to mainmenu and restarting the save  fixed it this time.

guess its time to craft a propeller pack and