Sign in to follow this  
RedEagle_P1.

Let's ask all noob questions here + FAQ

I thought we could work together to make a list of all the questions common to new people and make an FAQ! 

Q: How do I light a torch?
Use a flint lighter & light it via the crafting menu.

Ask your noob question ^_^

I think if you search keyword "noob"  and make sure you add tag "noob" to questions.  That Said,  

1. How to find or discover various workstations like "Blacksmith station" 

Edited by CavemanMo
Additional noob question

Press the letter O on keyboard and it will come up with a list of available builds . As you collect more materials and more tools , the list will grow .

• Thanks 1

Once you have the one of the basic materials needed to build a certain item then that item's crafting recipe will show up in your crafting menu. For example if you craft a pole using sticks and a knife a loom will show in the crafting menu. 

The first thing  i do  as a noob is  craft a stone  axe and  gather flints...make a stone  knife... then you can craft sticks into a spear  for   defense.   gather wood and  use the knife to  collect resin..    craft a torch and  a  campfire and then a lit torch.

You now have the basics  for  survival .. a  spear is  good against  wolves and pumas etc but  not  so strong against bears. Collect  feathers for arrows   crossbow  bolts

Craft a  tanning  rack and a  weaving loom and a  spinning wheel..     make a  wooden needle   and try to find  clay and  craft a  smelter for  iron  then a blacksmith station ...

A  crossbow is an  effective   early  starter  long range weapon.

I find a stone knife & some poles are so key to moving up. Once you have poles you quickly get the tanning rack and loom.