Sign in to follow this  
arkaeldren

Its been SAID, but not enough

PATCH THIS, take the day it would take to change the "SINGLE" player when it comes to removing your own blocks.  Fine, they become hardened, then how about 6-8 hits with a hammer for stone blocks???  I've got over 100 hours and finally decide to build my permanent base.  Well after a serious bit of tedium trying to terraform, I start laying stone blocks.  Hey wait a minute, don't like this design, damn I have to break stone blocks.  Well its not to bad right, 300+ at 8 hits each.........   I would love to just profane this to death but what on earth were you guys thinking???  Remember how I said "Don't frustrate your new player base"?  Those of you that might claim the EA, and this team for still allowing this decision should go check your self, this is completely ridiculous.  It would be a ONE day effort to clear a patch for this.  Its single player.....  Yes I am a bit ticked off as I just ruined my 100+ hour save.  I do make back ups but not every 30 minutes.  No, I don't want to use a "single use" barrier in a single player game, as I want structures on a few of the other Ylands.

Now, I have to say, other then the performance issues and a "LOT" of clean up, features to be added, building/construction work(alot) I love this game, man its been a blast and like I have said, this is going to give us Bored Minecraft players PIRATES and SHIPS and Pirates with ships..... :D

• Upvote 1

One tip I can give you, to cut down on deconstruction time in single player, is that you can open your world in the Editor and delete the offending blocks. Save. Then reload the world. Blocks are gone. Just gotta make sure you load your Exploration save, as the Editor will generate a second file of your world for access to it in Editor. This is helpful, too, since if you mess up again, all you have to do is load the Editor save file this time, instead of reloading Editor first.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JeremiahKane said:

One tip I can give you, to cut down on deconstruction time in single player, is that you can open your world in the Editor and delete the offending blocks. Save. Then reload the world. Blocks are gone. Just gotta make sure you load your Exploration save, as the Editor will generate a second file of your world for access to it in Editor. This is helpful, too, since if you mess up again, all you have to do is load the Editor save file this time, instead of reloading Editor first.

Thx bud, was wondering about this but I didn't want to risk it marking the Exploration save as unplayable after you used the Editor on it.  As for me having access to editors, if its as simple as a press of a button within game it would be horrible so I'm thankful its more of a process.  I found years ago that if I had and knew cheat codes for a game, I didn't have the self discipline to stay the hell out of it.  Been playing games since pong and Atari and it took a good long time.  We all hated having to remove the mistakes made after placing Obsidian in the wrong places and that was only 18 hits with the diamond pick.  I just have a hard time understanding how this small team could miss this blatant issues with a new start up since we have all learned so many great lessons within the last 20 years in Gaming. Again thx for the tip, I do appreciate it.