Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

RESOLVED Who or what stole my car?

Question

Logged out of my explore  game  for  lunch ... took ages to save...    actually hang at  saving screen. After waiting 35  minutes   restarted  computer.,  then after  looking at  emails  etc  resumed  my game.

Came  back and  did a little   survey around base...  met  two  wolves who were not  friendly.   Then i noticed  my  car was missing!  Did a  wolf  take it for a joyride?o.O

Searched  around  my  base...   looked  around where it was last  seen ...  nothing...not   even a   burnout  mark from the  tires... :S after  climbing to a high point and   surveying the  whole  area ,  concluded,  someone or  something  with  bad  taste in fashion and  style  took   my ugly  car.

I attach the files   from that  game  in the  hope  that   even if the car  cannot be returned,  at least i  can find  some parts to sell as  scrap..

.output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

• Haha 1

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

explore mode for me is super fast at saving when i exit, the game will get stuck on the loading screen when i exit the editor after saving and clicking yes on the exit to another save, so now when it asks if i want to save i click no and make sure i save it myself before exiting editor.

• Thanks 1

It's elementary my dear Watson,

The wolves dug a very deep hole and buried the car. Mutated bears found it underground and then dragged it even deeper where the pressure of the earths mass turned it into coal.

If you dig randomly you might still find a gear.

• Haha 3

I  suspect a land  shark  has   come ashore and  driven it out into the ocean somewhereB|

...or   else  carjacked by a  few  mutated  pumas  that did not like me digging into their  cave   and  lining their hiding place  with powder kegs that  made a great  series  of  "kabooms"  ....

they  must have  very  sore  eardrums!.:D

Unfortunately you're not the first one whose car mysteriously disappeared :(

It's in our system already, hope we manage to figure out what causes it.

• Thanks 1

hmm   is it a  "magic car-pet"  :D

It was such an  ugly looking  thing i wouldn't be surprised if the other  inhabitants  of  my Yland  removed it because it was lowering the  tone of the Yland:D

Hopefully it  was not  caused by BI staff at their New Years  Eve party spilling their  drinks  over the servers:P

• Haha 1