Sign in to follow this  
Aristodikos

Fishing

Question

9 replies to this bug / suggestion

There is fishing! Just craft a fishing rod, get into the water and you're good to go :) 

Ylands_Screenshot_1.png

• Upvote 2

hmm.. dont know this recipe yet. i could need some help/riddle with the fishing ploe i quess :)

sry for posting in a row, but i tried it real quick.

is there a difference if the rod is crafted with bait or without?  the later seems to work quite well.

7 hours ago, Aethelis said:

sry for posting in a row, but i tried it real quick.

is there a difference if the rod is crafted with bait or without?  the later seems to work quite well.

When fishing with bait the chances of actually fishing something should be higher :) 

okay, thanks.

but as this is a suggestion tread, i should suggest now, i guess:

what about another fishing tool? something that isnt in every other survival game.. a thrown net perhaps?

5iaq2ic.jpg

or a cormorant, which had to be tamed first..

or a weir to catch crabs..  harpoon/fishingspear for underwater hunting (javelins would be great for hunting mammals too).

and if there wil be more different fish to catch, display plaques would also be cool.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Aethelis said:

okay, thanks.

but as this is a suggestion tread, i should suggest now, i guess:

what about another fishing tool? something that isnt in every other survival game.. a thrown net perhaps?

or a cormorant, which had to be tamed first..

or a weir to catch crabs..  harpoon/fishingspear for underwater hunting (javelins would be great for hunting mammals too).

and if there wil be more different fish to catch, display plaques would also be cool.

I love the idea with nets.  Reminds me of my Ultima Online days.  You had a chance to fish up special net and when tossed into the water, the net could cause a special event (Sea serpent, Kracken etc.)

FishingNets.jpg