Sign in to follow this  
T.O.M.

DEV ANSWER Animals stopped reacting

Question

Animals stopped reacting to me.... all birds dont fly away predators dont atack etc.

And one thing with animals: some after they die i cannot skin them (dont show the GUT text), and after some times they show like live, but cannot kill them just stays live-like in place. (so far mutated hiena)

9 replies to this bug / suggestion

I also experience this, since 0.3 the mobs do not seem to aggro at all ,I just cleaned out a huge cave full of Mutated Alpha Hyenas and felt bad after a while, not 1 attacked or even reacted to being killed. Also noticed that all mobs have the same HP, seem to anyway, 2 hit kills with a saber or katana.

I would love to see better AI on the MOBS, and a faster re-spawn, maybe nerf their loot to offset this.

I want a reason to be afraid of the dark.

Can you guys attach your logs, please? We'll take a look at it right away.

We are currently working on enhancing the animals' AI and we are aiming for the 0.4 update, but this is a rather complicated and ongoing process, so it might take a little bit of time for us to be satisfied with it, but improvements are definitely coming :)

• Upvote 2

Will try to get my logfile just got my new hard drive and reinstalling everything as I type this ;) did save the my documents folder so it should be still in the folder wenn re-installed :) 

Edit: Played my saved explorer mission again, been swimming behind a shark for a few minutes.

Here is the logfile @Ane:  

output_log.txt

Edited by A3_Melle
Added logfile
  • Upvote 1

Thanks, we'll check this right away! 

EDIT: Also as Ane said we're doing some changes to animal AI in 0.4 (basically it's being rewritten from scratch - so hopefully many of the annoying issues will be gone. On the other hand, some new issues may appear but those will be quickly dealt with as the new system will give us much more control over the AI)

• Upvote 1

Hello, that's my first post, I have discovered your game, sincerely that is the best game i have played since a certain MC... :) I have the same problem with the animals on my map i have played a lot since One week, discovered 8 Ylands i think and after i had that bug on animals, and on the same time, my ship won't turn.

Thanks a lot ! Your game is absolutely fabulous !!!!

hi, I had the same problem about killing animals and not able to skin them.  This was happening when I first started playing on one of the 'creative' maps.  When I started a new 'explorer' map I haven't had this problem.  I did find a partial fix for the dead animal.  If I used a pick and dug out some of the dirt below the body, it would some times fall and reset the animal.  I could also achieve this if I used dirt and built up under the animal body.  Basically I would try to move the body up or down to get it to reset so it would show the harvest icon.  This would work about half the time.  And the ones I left (not able to harvest) would come back alive later in the game,  Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

Hello, thanks for yout message, i had this probleme too, but what i mean is a little different, it's more the comportement of the animals here, they don't move when i am near, and thez tur, and make the same movement, they are bugged.

See you ! :)