SamMonahan

RESOLVED Massive Save Degradation - I dont want to lose everything :(

Question

So I have  put about 20+ hours into this save and am really enjoying the game so far, with a big project underway I decided to hop on a boat and go to a desert island and get some sand.

Suddenly, chunks start to not load and im floating my boat in nothing, I reload and find myself where I should be in the world and hop out of my boat

I tried to dig but nothing was being dug, the animation and effects played but no terrain moved. I Reload

The dirt I dug is now missing from the ground and in my inventory but the same bug persists. My inventory also doesnt update and my hotbar is empty

Animals move on the spot, my boats wont turn and any action I take (for example opening my map) happens the second I exit the game.

Any suggestions to fix this? Ive poured hours into this save and it would break me up to lose it

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

So i searched for you and found a topic maybe that could help, but not sure.... It seems /unstuck is also available, not sure if you can try and fly out of the area you are in and get back to your home island.... 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Hurricane43 said:

So i searched for you and found a topic maybe that could help, but not sure.... It seems /unstuck is also available, not sure if you can try and fly out of the area you are in and get back to your home island.... 

Thanks Hurricane but none of this seemed to work, it seems like its an issue embedded within the save itself.

• Upvote 1

So I just tabbed in and out and this happened... for reference I was next to an island in a boat.

Ylands_170707_131901.png

• Upvote 1

Do you mind attaching your save game so that we check it out? :)

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Ane said:

Do you mind attaching your save game so that we check it out? :)

Sure :) I managed to get back to my home island and it straightened out but im sure there is still something you can find.

The island that caused my trouble  is in roughly the direction you face when standing at the lower part of the base and looking between the large trees and boat. (see images) 

YLands Save SamMonahan.zip

Ylands_170707_155346.png

Ylands_170707_155356.png

• Upvote 1

So if you go back to your initial yland you can play just fine? Don't go near the desert yland for now then :D

Thanks for the file!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ane said:

So if you go back to your initial yland you can play just fine? Don't go near the desert yland for now then :D

Thanks for the file!

Apparently so! I have noticed the odd "chunk" of land not appearing occasional but a reload seems to fix that.

• Upvote 1

The hotfix that we just released should make your save playable again :)

• Upvote 1