handofthesly

DEV ANSWER Active Controller Auto Detect Bug

Question

Hiya,

Just encountered this bug/glitch where the auto detect for the controller/keyboard is freaking out.

As soon as I stop moving the mouse or pressing keys on the keyboard it jumps back to gamepad and the camera flips up and spins straight away making it very hard to play.

The only way around it has been to change the Active Controller setting to just Keyboard & Mouse rather than auto detect.

I have no gamepad/controller plugged in or active and the mouse and keyboard are generally working fine on the desktop and on other games like Minecraft as well.

I've got a video recording but I can't upload .mp4 files here unfortunately.

**EDIT**

I did have a PS4 controller plugged in via USB and didn't realise at the time and this seems to be what caused the issue.

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

So if you have Keyboard & Mouse selected it works fine, right?

Sorry for the late response.

I didn't originally realise at the time but I DID have a PS4 controller plugged in via USB and that's what was setting it off, even though the controller was just sitting there and nothing was pushing on the buttons or thumb sticks. Once I removed the controller everything returned to normal on the Auto-Detect setting.

Strangely enough, the XBOX One controller doesn't affect the game in the same way, the Auto-Detect works fine.

I will need to test another PS4 controller and see if it happens again, it might be that the PS4 controller is faulty somehow?

Edited by handofthesly

Then it's definitely related to the PS4 controller being plugged, yes. We had a similar report in the past where the PS4 controller seemed to be messing with the mouse pointer (we weren't able to replicate it, though). At the time we believed it had something to do with the program used to make the gamepad work in the PC.

PS4 controllers have the caveat that they are not oficially supported in Windows by Sony. There are only unofficial methods of connecting a PS4 controller to a PC. For that reason, we are unable to guarantee your PS4 controller will work properly or even at all with our game. Sorry.

• Upvote 1