kimbuck

Non verbal chat im MP

Ok  so  you  press enter  open a chat  line  and then type.

Does anyone see this ?:D  The reason why i ask is i have met  3  castaways  in   bedraggled  grass  clothing and  bark shoes  standing in the rain  who  never responded.

Anyway , if   you happen to run  into my base,   ( you cannot miss it...look for the 2  seagull statues)   you will find  nearby  a  bamboo shelter  containing a  stove  ,  some  coked  food  a fishing line and  surplus  items of use for a starter  in the wicker  baskets. ( ie   shovel  flint  knife  fishing  rod... etc)

Avail yourself  of them  ... consider them to be a  " loan"  and when you are  established and have   spare  stuff,  bring it  back to replenish the   help  hut. Please  do not  grief ... co-operation   achieves a lot  ¬¬

It pops up as a bubble above your character so other players can only see it if they are looking at you, I’m guessing those players are currently offline. I saw quite a few when playing the server and planted a bunch of plants around them ?

Could be AFK if you see the player name in "Online player list", if not then they're offline. 

You can always left sign if you want your message there.. ?

"I know the feeling of not being answered" ?

In Ylands....no  one  can see you scream....xD

Here is a screenshot  of the  small help hut  near my base, It has some   basic  starter  items ... the theory is  that  new starters  can  borrow them to get established, and later   on replenish the hut ...   or  create their own.

Hopefully  we   will not  get  any imbecile  griefers   wrecking   the  idea..

20180206181003_1.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kimbuck said:

In Ylands....no  one  can see you scream....xD

Here is a screenshot  of the  small help hut  near my base, It has some   basic  starter  items ... the theory is  that  new starters  can  borrow them to get established, and later   on replenish the hut ...   or  create their own.

Hopefully  we   will not  get  any imbecile  griefers   wrecking   the  idea..

Hearing others scream keep you on you're toes.. xD

Also that FPS... ouch

As you  can see,  my  isp connection  is  typical  for  my  country/area! ...wet  knotted  string  and  corroded  copper wire :D

Tomorrow  my  time   i  shall be  steaming  around  the Yland in my  just finished    S S   Chugalong ..... :P  Give  me a wave...

If it goes missing... i will use these  screenshots to identify  any cases  of   GTS   ( Grand  theft Ship! )

I do have a crossbow,  and  reluctantly  will use it to defend myself and my property... but otherwise  peaceful  - lets keep it that way!  B|

20180206200006_1.jpg

20180206204457_1.jpg

holycow, is that real palm trees?! you gotta be kidding me.. xD

Edited by Velocifer
switch real part :P

Someone had  chopped  down a mess of   palm trees and left the  stumps and   seeds...  so i removed the  stumps  to clear the land  collected the seeds and  went on a  plant-fest....over  80  seeds !  Was originally a  sandy  stretch but    behind those trees are planted rain forest  trees and  rubber trees and  bamboo..  A  good  idea is  as soon as you start,  harvest  wood and plant  groves of  trees ...  by the time  you need wood to build a ship,  you  don't have to go far to  get it!  :P

With palm trees  you get  3  seeds when you  chop them down ...  however if you gather the seeds  first... you get  3,  then another 3  after the  trees  chopped :D

Edited by kimbuck

I took the  S S  Chugalong  for a spin around the Yland... It has  3   steam engines   plus  back up sails..   it can really  move fast... and  leans when  turning...like a speedboat.  I passed by  several  moored ships  and  some really   neat looking homes ... but alas  No one was home.:(

Nearly  time to look for   other life on other  lands..:D

On 2/5/2018 at 10:34 PM, Velocifer said:

Could be AFK if you see the player name in "Online player list", if not then they're offline. 

You can always left sign if you want your message there.. ?

"I know the feeling of not being answered" ?

Is there a way to leave messages for someone to see later? I had hoped tou could use quill and paper to write a note. Sadly, it seems that only makes a map. Which makes no sense why you would go through all the trouble to do that when making a leather make takes almost no time at all.

Of course, the maps are almost useless in MP at the moment. But still...

55 minutes ago, bb cakes said:

Is there a way to leave messages for someone to see later?

There is a note you could use, craft it with leather sheet or paper sheet and then you need something to write (coal/charcoal/pencil), just open the note, you should be able to write a note. Just make sure you have a deal with your receiver that you have notes for him/her. So he/she will know and read your notes.

update:

based on my experience, leaving sign post have high chance for people to read your message, especially when they're offline and you can't contact in rl. Even tho it can only have small amount of letters, if you have lots of words to say, then put sign infront of target, to point out that you have note somewhere.

Edited by Velocifer

22 hours ago, kimbuck said:

If it goes missing... i will use these  screenshots to identify  any cases  of   GTS   ( Grand  theft Ship! )....

Hope you do not have a case of GSS (Grand Sunken Ship) as is sound like you have a pvp server you are playing on. Better keep you head low and vigilance high. :D

28 minutes ago, Velocifer said:

There is a note you could use, craft it with leather sheet or paper sheet and then you need something to write (coal/charcoal/pencil), just open the note, you should be able to write a note. Just make sure you have a deal with your receiver that you have notes for him/her. So he/she will know and read your notes.

update:

based on my experience, leaving sign post have high chance for people to read your message, especially when they're offline and you can't contact in rl. Even tho it can only have small amount of letters, if you have lots of words to say, then put sign infront of target, to point out that you have note somewhere.

How? I had blank sheet of paper and quill in my inventory. There was no note crafting option. Only map.

Just now, bb cakes said:

How? I had blank sheet of paper and quill in my inventory. There was no note crafting option. Only map.

Open your blank sheet or double click it. I'm not sure if quill works, but lets see. If not then you can try coal/charcoal/pencil.

1 minute ago, bb cakes said:

How do you craft a pencil?

you can ask uncle google or follow this link Craft pencil.. ;)

Or if you can read this hidden message " you need stick, coal/charcoal, and knife:P

• Thanks 1

See? That is annoying. Even with those things in inventory, I can't find them in my crafting window. I get that this game is supposed to be progressive. But it would be super useful to have a complete list so you know what you have to collect / make.

1 minute ago, bb cakes said:

See? That is annoying. Even with those things in inventory, I can't find them in my crafting window. I get that this game is supposed to be progressive. But it would be super useful to have a complete list so you know what you have to collect / make.

Thats little part on how you learn that someone is "Newbie" or "Apprentice" or "Pro". And thats the interesting part of Ylands (thats what make me like it), discoveries is always fascinating. xD

• Haha 1