Snaatteri

KNOWN ISSUE Bouncing around in multiplayer, and also some other issues in MP

Question

So yeah, I am playing with my friends, and when i walk on a large ship that I have built, I kinda just bounce around and teleport to random spots on the ship, or sometimes out of the ship. Also, basically everytime I walk away from the ship and unload the chunk and do stuff there, when i come back to the ship, it shows only the hull of the ship, and it is "painted" black. then when i walk on the ship, my character just freezes in the position i got to the ship. It really is annoying, and would love to get these bugs fixed :D I can send some screenshots when it happens, it won't be hard to duplicate...

• Upvote 1

11 replies to this bug / suggestion

I have these exact issues with ships in multiplayer as well.  As a client, warping and rubber-banding whenever moving through the ship is horrible (although fine for the host), often resulting in being dropped into the ocean into shark infested waters. And this is just in a two-player game.

I've also experienced the ship being reduced to a black hull when moving out of rendering range of it and returning (common when exploring a new island).  I usually have to leave the game and return to get the ship to appear normal again (which, of course, then ends up erasing my map).

To pass the night more quickly my friend and I both slept on the beds on the ship.  When I attempted to leave the bed my character teleported out far into sea with a falling animation, and no ship in sight.  A few moments later I was luckily returned to the deck of the ship.  That made me pretty nervous about using beds on ships.  I already have the issue of losing my body and/or hair whenever I use a bed elsewhere in a multiplayer game (which requires a reload to fix).

I'm really hoping these multiplayer ship bugs will be worked out in the upcoming update.

Edited by FVin

When on a ship, it's best to stay seated - you run the risk of getting thrown off or bugging out terribly with your avatar flailing around in place.  Also, if you move beyond a certain distance from your ship and come back to it, there's a good chance you get the black hull curse.  Don't try to board it, just log out and log back in - there's no way around it.

3 minutes ago, fatShaq said:

Yeah, but it does it when the ship is not moving too..

Yes, this is true - you can end up with some nifty magic tricks on the boat by opening door, exiting the room, closing door then walking away and then POOF, you are now back in the room.

3 hours ago, Baz Foobar said:

Yes, this is true - you can end up with some nifty magic tricks on the boat by opening door, exiting the room, closing door then walking away and then POOF, you are now back in the room.

I know right, but it is super annoying when you are trying to walk downstairs, and to the deck, and are about to jump off the ship, and boom you are back upstairs..

5 hours ago, FVin said:

I have these exact issues with ships in multiplayer as well.  As a client, warping and rubber-banding whenever moving through the ship is horrible (although fine for the host), often resulting in being dropped into the ocean into shark infested waters. And this is just in a two-player game.

I've also experienced the ship being reduced to a black hull when moving out of rendering range of it and returning (common when exploring a new island).  I usually have to leave the game and return to get the ship to appear normal again (which, of course, then ends up erasing my map).

To pass the night more quickly my friend and I both slept on the beds on the ship.  When I attempted to leave the bed my character teleported out far into sea with a falling animation, and no ship in sight.  A few moments later I was luckily returned to the deck of the ship.  That made me pretty nervous about using beds on ships.  I already have the issue of losing my body and/or hair whenever I use a bed elsewhere in a multiplayer game (which requires a reload to fix).

I'm really hoping these multiplayer ship bugs will be worked out in the upcoming update.

Yes, it is fine for the host, but if you are playing on someone else's server, you bounce around like crazy..

Ane    has   remarked that  the  devs  are aware of the  bouncy  avatar thing and its under review,,,,:D  yay!

52 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

Ane    has   remarked that  the  devs  are aware of the  bouncy  avatar thing and its under review,,,,:D  yay!

Oh yes! If they get it fixed in the 0.8 update i'm going to be super happy! :D

12 hours ago, fatShaq said:

Oh yes! If they get it fixed in the 0.8 update i'm going to be super happy! :D

I'm not so sure about that unfortunately :)

3 hours ago, Ane said:

I'm not so sure about that unfortunately :)

Oh well, but if they get it fixed some time soon that would be great too!