Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

They never grow up....

Decided to potter around  PA7   for a look...  the  spawn  area  was like  a university campus  bar  after an all night party...bodies  everywhere.

Found a   cluster of  tombstones...some with the  same  name  and  guessed predators ... yes the  wolves were baying  for more   blood ..didn't  take them on ...left them for the  adventurers  following ;)

After wandering around  found a nice  little bay with access to easy stone..and  started a base only to find out i had  circumnavigated the  island  and   was almost back at spawn!

NP .. just make the base  extra   secure and cross   ones fingers

.Well it didn't take long  ..saw someone with a  "macho" sounding  name  log on...      later  someone  else arrived and asked me if they saw who   griefed  someone else's  ship ...recently.

Only  4 on line  me,  this person the   "macho" sounding  one    and the  guy whose ship had be  "decorated".

Anyway  was just about to pace the final  blocks  to make my  place secure when   the macho  one arrived...wielding a   Sabre..  and ran  towards me 

so  i pressed  No.2 on my keyboard and a Sabre popped into my hands   .... and he stopped  and looked ... he didn't respond to my greeting   in chat  and instead  ran towards my base and    tried to  get in ..

However i was following him and now in the Protective  barrier  field   and   sporting a crossbow.... he  had a change of mind  and cleared out.

Later, after he had logged out   went for a scout around...  all the standing  avatars  at  spawn had been  killed.   The  supply of  flax that was put there with a  sign to borrow and  replant...  was all harvested and so was all the plants  around  spawn. I checked out the  public   workstaions area  and again  .. all been slain.o.O

So if some   admins  want to now  who this   guy is ...well i cannot prove it was him, but then  there was no one  else on line/around at the time ... but  send  me an IM ... and you can  look out for  him and  judge for yourself.

B|

Two of us  have decided to work  cooperatively  on PA 7  server... we built adjoining  bases  and  made them secure...but its a battle ... the   grounds  are becoming littered with   idiots  with the generic names who arrive,  and try to club to death  anyone/anything in  sight,  even though its  "supposed" to be  explore orientated.

Of course   what do you expect, and  i am sure all the official servers are the same.

I had one  visitor who was not aggressive, but  watched as i was attacked by 3  wolves,  and  then  looted my  corpse.....   unfortunately   for him  the  3rd  wolf he was unaware of  and it  got him,  so i looted my  loot back ..but only  took what was mine.

Another visitor arrived and wanted top cooperate and instead tried to  steal  out of my base and got  worked up because all my chests  were locked. He accused me of  stealing al the resources and  demanded i give him some ...even though there were resources a very short  distance away ..i    guess you  get lazy  avatars..   I dropped  something outside   my  base and as he went to grab it,  rushed inside and locked the doors. When he was unable to get  back in and squat,  he  swore at me and  left.

kids!  they  should not be  trusted with a keyboard.B|

So far   the bases we have set up  have survived ... the  PB will NOT protect  you from an aggressive  attack   if  outside your  residence ..it only  prevents  people getting at you when offline  and inside.

Next stage is to mine  more  iron ore and place barb wire  defenses  around the perimeter, and    stone  spikes  where these  idiots jump  onto the base.

You dont   trust anybody!   i have to forgo the  girl  clothes and wear  full body Armour and carry a weapon when outside.

Shame  we have  such idiots  in the world...  but then if we didn't ,  who would run  our  countries?:D

xDxDxDShame  we have  such idiots  in the world...  but then if we didn't ,  who would run  our  countries?:D

I think it will always be like that, you can not trust anyone behind a screen.

The other day I was sailing with my boat, I saw a house on an island and there was a man waving, so I stopped to say hello. He just dedicated himself to ask me for things and I gave him what I could, even so I steal what I could from my boat while I was leaving ... there was nothing of value so I did not bother to go for it.

Another curious thing that happened to me, was on the initial island taking advantage of the machines left by someone before me, to be able to start my trip. An individual, I wonder if it was my house, which was not protected since it was a fishing hut. He waited, until I left for resources, when he returned, he had placed his protective barrier, but it must be new, because he was hiding behind a tree for half an hour waiting for me to go away xD
In short I am very good people, but I always carry my hatchet, my crossbow and a revolver, a couple of shots always make these people, be kinder

@kimbuck I stopped by to see what your base looked like.  I found your tombstone inside your base :(  No body, no loot. And then I died twice trying to get basic stuff together. It seems like the hooligans have been too busy killing each other to take out the wild life. 

1 hour ago, kimbuck said:

i have to forgo the  girl  clothes and wear  full body Armour and carry a weapon when outside.

Hey devs, how about some girl armor?  Might be a nice addition. 

Thought of a variation of locking someone out after they leave. Lock them in instead, if they have no items they will not be able to get themselves out. Basically, imprison the griefer.

May i suggest not to use official servers? unmonitored/unmoderated and use community player driven ones.

You're experience would probably be a better one overall, that is if you participate with the community itself.

Otherwise solo on official servers is fine, so long as you leave the spawn island asap, and things get 80% immediately better when you settle somewhere else.

Edited by Energritz_

BB  that  tombstone was outside  near  my ship?    i was alive inside....    under that tombstone   there floats  2  griefer bodies....   what i did was  deconstruct the  floor and let them drop into the  shark  tank underneath  then  replaced the  floor :-)

Energritz ... all official  servers are the same   i am using this one to  test anti griefer   ideas ...so  far they cannot get my ship   .. the  dock has  doors  locked and the  ship  side doors that open  flat and lock ... to move the ship  you have to unlock and open all doors  , and  as they are in the PB ,   interesting to see  what they try.   there already is one griefer stuck to the stern of the parked ship. crossbow  bolts  in the but  are more than painful, as he found out.

yes bb  that was me  ... the guy ran by  and i  asked if  he needed  help...   he  ignored me ...and  ran off...     then came back  a few minutes later with a club and attacked.... i was caught by surprise   but  stove had arrived and  terminated the a-hole. I came back  got my stuff,   disposed of his  corpse  under the floor but  cannot  remove that  tombstone ..and i   now wear armour and don't offer new arrivals help anymore ... you cannot  trust anybody, they ask for  something   and   try to steal  from locked  chests  behind  you as they  talk"friendly"

The  chicken has teeth !:D