kimbuck

Warning..MP PV E public servers Not safe! Go to a moderated pvte server

There  is NO player protection from griefing harassment or offensive content.

stay away from these servers unless you like harassment and such,

The protection barrier really does nothing other than stop you starving when offline, or prevent others from painting your property, terraforming, or modifying / destroying buildings.

it does have a pretty blue glow and makes a humming sound

There are obvious hacks and exploits available that allows griefers to enter locked  buildings, open locked doors,  move and steal objects  and allow griefers  to, deface your property, place offensive slogans on walls inside your PB "protected" area, kill you and steal everything you have painstakingly crafted, then lock your workstations... with their  locks  so you cannot use them

So, until BI gets around to fixing these exploits and introduces a stronger method of controlling/banning the griefers/hackers forget about  playing multiplayer on public servers.

Its not worth the trouble

Edited by kimbuck
  • Downvote 1

Despite being in a room with all the windows  and doors covered over and  bricked up from the  inside, this griefer with a liking for nazi symbols gained entry to my base and did this. ( screenshots  below)  Within four  minutes of my logging in .. he literally  appeared in the closed  room right behind me,  and taunted   me with " you cannot keep me out,  dear"   --then killed me and  promptly looted   all my stuff i was  gathering in order to remove  some of his   distasteful signs  and  nazi symbols he had placed around  and inside my "secure" base

This guy must be   using a  hack or mod or exploit, or a combination oi all. The Protection Barrier does nothing to stop him getting  entry into a windowless / doorless room, and his harassment  every time i logged into that server has literally  waned  my enthusiasm for playing  MP  PVE   games. 

Other friends on other  games i originally had encouraged to  buy Ylands  have  now changed their   minds. They, like me  want a hassle free griefer  free fun  game, and its  incidents and people like this  who run unchecked    through  Ylands  MP servers,  as made them to decide to  go to another game , and they are asking me to join them.

If  BI cannot fix issues like this, then i  may as well go  and look for another  game .  And so will others.   I want a fun game, not  drama and harassment. 

Of  course there is the current  MP Pvte server i am  now   playing on,  but its not the same as meeting  new friends, mostly decent  fun people, as you do on a  public server.

How about it, BI,  ?public  enforceable non pvp servers where griefers and  obnoxious  players   can be "moderated" out? ..and accounts  detected  at  log in if using   hacks or mods  and  get locked out?o.O

Don't tell me  it cannot be done. I know of one  game where they did it.

Attached  screenshots  are of  some of the daily  harassment i  endured.   within  4  minutes of logging in he would  be  neaby  taunting  me in chat

20180618085547_1.jpg

20180618085848_1.jpg

Edited by kimbuck
  • Downvote 1

Probably also a good idea for those with PVTE servers to carefully screen the players requesting access.  I know their ruse wouldn't last long, but they might try to "Trojan Horse" their way onto a private server, and there's no telling what level of power their hack/exploit gives them once they're in.

Until they implement some kind of ownership and shared ownership of every thing you place in the world these types of exploits will continue,  i've said it before and i'll say it again if the programming allows a griefer to do something he or she will do it.  It's weak programming and as this type of behavior is common across the board in these types of games it should have been planned for from the start.  It's this lack of planning on the part of the developers that made me lose confidence that this game will ever be successful. 

I find it interesting to see how hypocritical you are. I'm going to your house (on NA 9 OFFICIEL SERVER --- P.V.P ) and the floor to a hole or adolf is passing and all nazi symbole is on your side is really strange . you are sure of the facts you wear. because for me it's more you who exaggerated because of a defeat and destroyed his own base. you can not decide that an official server is in p.v.e. when it's survival pvp grow up my child

you are on the facts you wear because for me it's more you who exaggerated because of a defeat and destroyed his own base

20180618073547_1.thumb.jpg.0d47465a12f0e45b8d0221cfc2164182.jpg

image.png

image.png

Edited by jay letellier

So, "Jay"... Which one are you?  Adolf or Conan?

By the way, if a server is called "Explore" then it's PVE.  Period.  The PVP servers are named accordingly.  Explore NA 9 is a PVE server.

Edited by Indomitus
  • Upvote 1

And "jay" ..what have you got to say about the  Nazi symbols?  and the naming of  horses  after the  Holocaust death camps? What have you got to say about the harassment and  taunting?

And it  is a pve server...  why do you attack and harass players  who are not there for combat, but intending to help new people play the  game  fairly? I was not here to fight,  yet you describe it as a  defeat    ) like the word  "rect" adolf placed on the walls inside.

There were no  holes in the floor  before adolf broke in and harassed and attacked me .  Why was he entering inside my base  and  harassing and then killing me?  Is that not aggression on his part?

And from that image  i identifies you as Adolf. ..and that includes the inside  image  which shows you can get inside  despite other players cannot  do as they don't use exploits or  cheats.

If you sympathize with the  actions of  griefers, then you are no better than one:P

And then you try to shift the  blame on to me and you act the victim.

• Downvote 1

also  jay ...looking at your images you posted ..it shows you have a rifle...which adolf used to kill me  .. and you have a keyring - does it contain the hacked keys to unlock doors and chests? ..and the last used item by you was a sleeping  mat ...used by griefers to break into buildings.o.O

Others have  noticed that and   pointed it out to me. You are not fooling  anyone.

You have  NA9 to yourself   Enjoy your parades and singing.

Adolf's  account numbers are noted, so it doesn't  matter what name you use, ..

Over and out.

the facts are there and i do not want to engage in further  conversation about this here,  as these forums  are for  the assistance of those who want to play the  game  fairly and  with  enjoyment.

And thank you to Ane  and other BI staff in their endeavors  to remove  griefers  form  Ylands  PvE games.  I see you are trying,  keep it up!  ( thumbs up  emoticon  here)

• Downvote 1

Evidence, in case more was needed...  Killed while offline (after being ambushed and killed at my base the first time)

C4AE72F2CDEEED1A60426727C11C90A9C021659F

(I had only dropped in to see the condition of my base.  Seems he killed me, took what I was carrying, and buggered off.  Not that I'm interested in playing there any more.)

edit:  And I'm inclined to agree with kimbuck.  We just need to give BI any info they need, and trust they'll do what needs to be done.  I'm going to go play on my private islands now.

Edited by Indomitus

show me or explore = pve and for the horses and sign them to you screen shot and me name on the game is sony ,

and for a pve server. to make a trap at spawnt it's beautiful and you take all resource and loot adolf take only coton and you atttack her 

Loser, get lost.  Or should I say, get rekt.

It's only PVP if everyone is playing.  If they aren't you are just a bully and a coward.  

Aaah   so jay is  Adolf ? hhmmmmm   he is   virtually admitting it here......:D    Just stealing cotton ... yes! ..if   you call stealing the lot "just" ... defacing inside  bases with taunts ...yes! ...building nazi  shrines around someones  base...yes!.... killing an unarmed player who tried to stop  you entering their place as you had shown a reputation  to   steal ..yes! ....placing  bear traps  in front of doorways..yes!.... riding a  horse   offensively  named " Auschwitz" around and round a player while they are landscaping and taunting them.....yes.. Entering  someones  base and  killing them  while thay are unarmed ... yes!    and  stealing    all the vicitims  loot ...

Jay/ adolf  you are the loser . We all have moved to another server where its  pve and socially  friendly and no one cares about  your "dead"  WW2  "heroes"

There was plenty of  cotton and resources  there ..all you had to do was not be lazy  and gather it like  everyone  else... but its  easier to steal   isn't it?  then  blame others?

No one  wants you on their private servers  ..

You can sit  on NA  9 and play with yourself:P

And for everyone  else... we have moved to Reds  P1 server ...  a great friendly place ... and no Adolfs!   Seeya  there if you want a sociable  friendly  pve game  without  the  underage  stuff.:D

Lets move on   ladies and   gentlemen ...nothing more to see here....   except possibly  a butthurt  post from someone :D

Edited by kimbuck
comment baout resources .. there was plenty
  • Downvote 1

I find you hypocritical and you must be an awful being to lie and take advantage of holocaust to justify  your lack of valid argument and your narrow-mindedness
  • Downvote 1

moreover you said that adolf is a loser, but the time you spent to build unnecessarily it is you who lost them and if you are offended by the name of personnality I pity your parent to make you a fragile .you were the first to attack you were just dominated it is that I find the most hypocritical of you .go back to your private pve server and do not leave . time that you will not have the skills to do survival / pvp and stop crying on a forum you pity to see

• Downvote 3

Yeah, I don't see how this could have a positive outcome, so I'm closing this. Anyway, soon there will be public PvE servers available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2