Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

The new help area on RedEagles PVE server

This is the   help center  on "Chickenrun" island  :) It features an illuminated  decorated pool area,  and the  2nd pic  show the Office and the Post  office ...still under construction ...and the  work stations for  new arrivals to use.

The post office  is where  each  island inhabitant  can leave messages or  items for other inhabitants to  collect. There's a table with writing  instruments and a  box  out side where visitors can leave  reports,  messages  etc  to be passed on to the admins.

Its  not functional  yet, a  work in progress and i am learning  new building  skills  every hour.

Feel  free  drop by  look and if   desired ,  build somewhere.

The views are  free :P  and  this is what PVE really  is.

20180622145605_1.jpg

20180622145632_1.jpg

• Like 1

Work has progressed   to the stage the help area is   open for  business...all that's needed is a small shelter with beds  for passers by to take  refuge at night time

The entrance to the harbor  is marked by a tall  column with a seagull on top  ( no chickens :|)  and is  illuminated   to assist night time  navigation.

There's a post office  for  arranging   the  leaving /collection of  items and messages,  a series of  workstations,   and a tool shed   which contains  basic  tools  etc  to  borrow ..and   replace  later when you are established. There's also some  second  hand clothing available, donated by ex  pirates  and bandits:P

Bananas, corn  sisal, cotton and  rubber plantations are   nearby, and  fishing  rods  are leaning against the   cabin door.  There is an illuminated  coral  pond...  and a first aid station with  bandages and other   healing stuff.

No weapons or  armor  are  available.

All welcome to visit ..  

Of  course this is on Red's  PVE  server...:D

20180624114448_1.jpg

20180624114510_1.jpg

20180624114537_1.jpg

20180624114619_1.jpg

20180624114829_1.jpg

Edited by kimbuck
  • Like 3

The welcome area has expanded, and now includes an extra  cottage  currently being fitted out for temporary visitor accommodation , and a bamboo  hut  for  passers by to use to escape the boredom of  night.  There is also a ship now  to be used in spreading the  bamboo huts to other islands   to help  new arrivals shelter from   Ylands vicious  storms and  predators.O.o

The  island  has only  one other   inhabitant   besides  myself, and there's   copious   resources of  clay  iron copper and  coal around   as well as  many horses to tame , and of  course resident  panthers to add excitement. I have been told the cavern system  has some  surprises   down  deep  but i have not  ventured  far into them.. There is also a NPC trader  who sells  some tools and   stuff and gold.

Feel free to look around the welcome area,  and  avail your self of the workstations and the  items in the toolshed.  please  don't  mess things  up... others have been considerate to provide things for  you, and we  expect you to do the same for others  following you.

There's  sisal agave ,  herbs  and  such ....plenty of resources ,  so  do not panic and take all...  we have back  up  supplies of  seeds to restore things like  cotton   etc.

Join in the fun  and  show off your  creative  skills:)

20180626092830_1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Well the  help area is active and  waiting on anyone needing help etc. Here is a guided tour  to show what can be  done  when you don't  have to waste  time  cleaning up after griefer interruptions! ;)

1st Pic... the welcome seagull navigation  aid on the  harbor headland ..its  illuminated and highly  visible  from the sea at night.

2) The harbor with visiting ships..and the area ship. The big one is a  wonderful build...  courtesy of  Oops  alias  Ylandium Jones

3) The visiting  accommodation huts... the   bamboo one is  now  blueprinted and will appear randomly  on other  islands to shelter travellers  form storms and  possibly  predators whilst waiting for  daybreak

4) The main area, with Post office and  Admin hut. There is a log Toolshed to the left with tools, clothing  etc to help new  people start out.

5) Some workstations..located behind the Post Office. There are also  containers of left over materials  from certain build  which new arrivals may  take to help them start out

6) The Bilk storage  area for replenishing   the areas resources etc. This  is Locked. There is a  first aid   post to the right..available  for residents to heal  panther  bites  on the butt:D

7) The  work station area...  with  food   cooking  facilities and  such to the right

8) The Mad scientists  upstairs  laboratory   ..with the  higher  tech  workstations...  access limited  but available   No weapon crafting.

9) Overhead  view of the harbor, ships and  coral  pool

10) Another view of the harbor and ships    with the outdoor pizza  snacks   area.  Perhaps   Ane  and the Devs  should note that certain parts of  the ships  are invisible at  certain distances / angles....

11) The mysterious  cave    in the  hills behind ..waiting  for the  brave  explorer ( i am not one of them! ):P

12)   A high altitude  view of the base.

Currently thinking of   other ideas ...already there  are some places that have been  prepared for  eventual roads.

Got and idea?   come    visit  stay and  create..:D

20180626194157_1.jpg

20180626194235_1.jpg

20180626194303_1.jpg

20180626194328_1.jpg

20180626194409_1.jpg

20180626194436_1.jpg

20180626194454_1.jpg

20180626194532_1.jpg

20180626194556_1.jpg

20180626194641_1.jpg

20180626194812_1.jpg

20180626194900_1.jpg

• Like 4

Looking great!

i fear the server is half way to the point where a reset is needed due to Ylands stability issues. We have lots of backups to save stuff. we should be able to save houses and builds. 

Well its been fun building , and  each time  i find i can do more, as its always a learning process.;)

New world?  new challenges... going to spend some time  making simple   quick  low resource  building to   blueprint ..such as the bamboo hut.

That way re establishing on a new  scenario  will be easy for the basics..

Wonder if  we can

place on spawn  small dinghy's  with directions to each island? ... for new arrivals to use..:)

1 hour ago, kimbuck said:

Well its been fun building , and  each time  i find i can do more, as its always a learning process.;)

New world?  new challenges... going to spend some time  making simple   quick  low resource  building to   blueprint ..such as the bamboo hut.

That way re establishing on a new  scenario  will be easy for the basics..

Wonder if  we can

place on spawn  small dinghy's  with directions to each island? ... for new arrivals to use..:)

That might help reduce data use actually :D

13 hours ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

Looking great!

i fear the server is half way to the point where a reset is needed due to Ylands stability issues. We have lots of backups to save stuff. we should be able to save houses and builds. 

I have been saving twice a day. So we shouldn't lose much.

ooh the frustration ...no one told me that blueprints  can only be made inside your  protection barrier...   well   as they say  when all else fails, then you read the instructions...

well least i got  some  building  experience:D

Anyone want an abandoned stone cottage in the middle of  nowhere?  ...least  you have  no  neighbor issues  :)   pssst  .....and  can i sell you a bridge  while  you have your  wallet open?B|

20180627164912_1.jpg

5 hours ago, kimbuck said:

ooh the frustration ...no one told me that blueprints  can only be made inside your  protection barrier...   well   as they say  when all else fails, then you read the instructions...

I had been wondering about that.  I've had a thought for the past few days about setting up a dedicated server for blueprint creation.  No exploration, just an open flat area like in the Editor.  Each person has their PB and a Creator Cube.  Invite only, of course, to keep the rabble out.  Just place the PB and establish a work area, build away, blueprint it, test the blueprint, knock it down and start a new one.

I had  this  protection barrier thing and thought it might be useful as a decoration too :D ... so i incorporated it  into a  sculpture    and it  actually looks useful ! ;)  (Just   joking, Ane and Ales )

Oh the  the  house behind is  my creation too... blueprinted and very roomy ! B|

20180701071745_1.jpg

• Like 1

@Indomitus....  I have a sp game going  where i have the cube and    i  leveled a spot and  "create"  ...withing  a Protection Barrier.   After the  building is  complete  and blueprinted, I use a hammer to deconstruct parts of   it  and  re-shape the building, keeping  the   roof   and other difficult  parts to build. Its possible to build  several structures    quickly..:D