Sign in to follow this  
bojo2736

Editor not seeing files

Question

This happens to me all the time.  I will try to edit a file.  So I will copy the file from my backup location and paste it into SavedGames.   And it won't show up in my game tab when I try to open it in the editor.  So I close the game.  Make sure I put it in the right folder. Go to Steam to make sure that my file integrity is good.  Restart my computer, restart my game.  And it's still not there. Then it will magically appear.

Is there a way to force the editor to renew the view that it is looking at when it looks in SavedGames or to look in a different file location?  And if there isn't, can that be added?  

I had an hour to work on a job this morning.  I couldn't make it work in that time.  It's a huge PITA.

• Downvote 1

10 replies to this bug / suggestion

If it can be done, and it can. There is no sense in having to do the song and dance I described.

• Downvote 1

In case I was not clear, this is for a private server, not a public BI one. I know that it can't be done there. My question wasn't if it is possible. My question is how to refresgh files in such a way that the game can see them.

• Downvote 1

Would like to know as well. I had a customized exploration game I can't edit or clean up anymore. 

So I tried doing it a bit different. Instead of pulling the old file out, and pasting in the file I want to work with (they are all called SessionSave.ylandsgame) I just paste the file I want to work with into the SavedGames file and my computer asks if I want to overwrite.  I say yes. Then the file seems to be reliably opening.

Just make sure that you are backing up the file you are overwriting or you might be sad.

• Downvote 1

So this is still a huge issue for me. I have been trying for half an hour to get tge game to see the files. I have loaded, reloaded, rebooted. If this doesn't work i am going to have to uninstall and reinstall the flipping game. Just to get an active save into the editor.  

It shouldn't be this hard. I am not the only one with the issue. It has been put up as a problem on at least three threads I can think of 

Yet still not acknowledged or commented on. 

FFS

• Downvote 1

We're aware of the issue, it seems like the game is not detecting new files correctly upon restart. 

We're working on it and I'll let you know when some progress has been made.

Thanks for the patience!

You can see the status of the issue here: