Rice Snob

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-11332] Right Joystick Moves View Very Slowly

Question

I am playing using a Windows Xbox 360 wireless controller.  No matter what I do, the input from the right joystick makes my character look around VERY slowly.  It takes 10-20 seconds for me to pan from left to right.  I've tried turning off all Steam controller configurations and making all adjustments to sensitivity from the Ylands game menu, I've tried using Steam community configurations for the game, I've tried creating my own Steam configurations, and I've even tried using Pinnacle Game Profiler.  Nothing seems to affect the rate at which I can move my field of vision (and almost nothing reliably overrides the way the controller is configured to work by the game itself, either.  Alternate key bindings are mostly ineffectual). 

Game pad support for this game is bad enough, but I would persevere if I could at least look around at a normal speed.  I'm sorry, but I'm a game pad person; nothing you can say will convince me to play with a mouse and keyboard, so I'm highly motivated to solve this problem!

I haven't attached any of the suggested files, because I'm not sure they would be of use in solving my problem.  I will attach them later if necessary.

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

I'm not sure what the issue could be at this point - I'll add it to our system and let you know as soon as I know more.

After hours of experimentation between the Steam configurations and the in-game control configurations, I finally got something that wasn't horrible.  I'm not even sure what combination of tweaks did it in the end, and it still reverts back to the old behavior occasionally.  The real solution to the problem, though:  ditch the Xbox controller and buy a Steam controller!  OMG, it works flawlessly; I don't know why I waited so long.  The functionality of the Steam controller has increased my enjoyment of this game by 315%!!!

Edited by Rice Snob
Add details

Glad to hear that it's working fine now that you got the Steam controller!