Aleš Ulm

Dev Diary #43

Hey there fellow ylanders,

Outside the scorching heat is raging, but the work on Ylands continues as always. Since the upcoming update is a truly big one, we’re still testing it and making sure everything works as designed. But it’s already obvious that this update will be a very important step on our way to make Ylands not only a game, but a platform as well.

Since it's already August, let's start with Gamescom, which will happen in Germany at the end of this month, as every year. If you happen to be there you can pay our booth a visit - there will be several computers with Ylands installed, manned mostly by some of the Ylands QA staff, led by our QA Lead @Eris . They will be ready to help you with anything and answer your questions. For the first two days they will be accompanied by our Community Manager @Ane  and myself, so if you can make it during that time we will be happy to see you! :) 

Speaking of showing Ylands to players, we should not forget to mention that Ylands is now being presented at Asia's largest game show, held in Shanghai - ChinaJoy. Our stylized lowpoly style is drawing attention of new fans and we’re really looking forward to releasing the game for them as well. 

ChinaJoy.jpg
Those who come to visit our booth at ChinaJoy can have their photos taken with a game character or try to sneak in the Ylands artwork :) 

As our focus shifts to polishing and bug fixing, we are implementing some new tools to help us with that. Just now we have implemented a new automated testing service that keeps checking various Ylands' aspects, warning us whenever any abnormality is found. Although this won’t affect you directly, we hope you will profit from this feature by being delivered stable builds with as few bugs as possible.

So that’s it for now. We’ll look forward to talking to you next Friday - until then you have a great time and stay classy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Thanks Alex for another great diary
I am already eager to try the new update.:)
It's a shame not to be able to go to meet the Gamescon, but I'm a little far:P

Edited by spyler.1989

I will be at gamescom on Thursday ? and will probably be around the BI booth most of the time ? 

Edited by A3_Melle
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, A3_Melle said:

I will be at gamescom on Thursday ? and will probablybe around the BI booth most of the time ? 

Enjoy gamescom and say hello from all of us that can't attend! ☺️

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Miguel Preguisa said:

Enjoy gamescom and say hello from all of us that can't attend! ☺️

Will do, but I am sure they are reading the msg here also ;)

• Upvote 1

On 3/8/2018 at 7:18 PM, A3_Melle said:

I will be at gamescom on Thursday ? and will probably be around the BI booth most of the time ? 

@Aleš Ulm and I won't be there on Thursday, but you'll be able to meet other people. Plus the whole crew that you already know, of course :D

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ane said:

@Aleš Ulm and I won't be there on Thursday, but you'll be able to meet other people. Plus the whole crew that you already know, of course :D

Well maybe next time again :)

• Like 1