Smoothey

Going to start a series called "Top 5 Ships of the Week"

Hey Ylanders, I'm Smoothey

and today I've thought an idea called "Top 5 Ships of The Week" that I'll be uploading weekly on my channel.

I might also do "Top 5 Houses of the Week" or I might combine them in One video and just call them "Top 5 Builds of the Week"

I'm going to make another thread to start the series, but for now what you can do is do the following

> Go in FreeCam

> Take a Side Picture, A top picture, a front and a back picture. (More pictures are also welcomed)

> Write a description of the ship 

> Name of Ship

> Give me a link for you to get shout out on!

I only have 20 subs, but together we can all grow together!

oh yes man, im very sorry for killing you. it was my first time playing multiplayer and i was hitting you and I didnt know how much health you were at, all your loot is in the ocean, again, i didnt know man. I promise!

Edited by Smoodies INC

In not responding I assume that your little story is full of BS!

Edited by Indian Chief
r

4 hours ago, Indian Chief said:

In not responding I assume that your little story is full of BS!

Sorry, i  didn''t reply, i dont get notifications on this thread. 

19 hours ago, Indian Chief said:

And you were hitting me because?

I was hitting you because I didn't know if it was PvP or PvE, honest to god I didn't mean any harm.

I kept your loot somewhere secret in the ocean so you can get it. It should still be there I told stout about it!

Again, I'm sorry.

You could have told by punching with your fist. But yeah, war hammer if you aren't sure

What kind of shenanigans are going on with your user name.  It is apparently Smoothey and Smoodies INC?

image.thumb.png.335a092fe7a0af04df573dcaf88c5841.png

4 minutes ago, bojo2736 said:

What kind of shenanigans are going on with your user name.  It is apparently Smoothey and Smoodies INC?

Lol I asked @ane to change my name to Smoothey thats why

Edited by Smoothey

8 minutes ago, bojo2736 said:

You could have told by punching with your fist. But yeah, war hammer if you aren't sure

now that you say it, you're making me sounnd dumb ;'(

Well....

I accidentally killed a friend, he had just arrived in his undies.  I had a sabre in my hand.  I tried to trade with him and sometimes when you come out of the trade window, your character swings.  Yikes!  I now make it a habit to not have a weapon in hand if near a friend and no reason for being armed.

18 minutes ago, bojo2736 said:

Well....

I accidentally killed a friend, he had just arrived in his undies.  I had a sabre in my hand.  I tried to trade with him and sometimes when you come out of the trade window, your character swings.  Yikes!  I now make it a habit to not have a weapon in hand if near a friend and no reason for being armed.

so we're both dumb eh.

No, in my case it was a game function that caused the death.  I did not swing at my friend wondering if he was armed and would in fact kick my ass.

I thought there was a way to make it impossible to kill another player on private servers and that all public servers were PvP?  Am I mistaken?  If you are on a PvP server and you get killed I dont understand what all the fuss is about.  Is it not possible yet to flag your server as PvE? 

1 hour ago, Onedown said:

I thought there was a way to make it impossible to kill another player on private servers and that all public servers were PvP?  Am I mistaken?  If you are on a PvP server and you get killed I dont understand what all the fuss is about.  Is it not possible yet to flag your server as PvE? 

I have no idea, but still I didn't have the intentions of killing him. and since then, I've been banned

2 hours ago, Onedown said:

PVP implies that both players are actively playing. When one is killed while they are offline, it's hardly player vs player. It's cowardice. As I stated above,  if you don't know which it is (and the fact that you can't easilt tell is a design problem) there are non-lethal ways to test. We have OP's word that he stashed tge loot in the ocean (?) so it should still be there. But we don't really know that, do we?

34 minutes ago, bojo2736 said:

PVP implies that both players are actively playing. When one is killed while they are offline, it's hardly player vs player. It's cowardice. As I stated above,  if you don't know which it is (and the fact that you can't easilt tell is a design problem) there are non-lethal ways to test. We have OP's word that he stashed tge loot in the ocean (?) so it should still be there. But we don't really know that, do we?

I just asked a question,  was it on a PvP server?  Does the game programming allow people to be killed while they are offline on that server?  If the answer to either of those questions is yes then maybe instead of pontificating you could ask the devs how they planned for avoiding this type of event.  I've always thought it was silly to be able to kill a players character while they are offline and the devs assured me the game was planned that way when I brought it up months ago.  If it's part of the planned game play then they must have planned a way to avoid it.

Pontificating?  Also, did you read my post?  It was on my phone, you can live with the typos. 

11 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

Pontificating?  Also, did you read my post?  It was on my phone, you can live with the typos. 

Who said anything about typing errors?  I was asking about the PvP status of the server the guy who was killed was playing on because i'm not sure if it's a bug and you lectured on your understanding of what you think PvP should be.  If you didn't want to answer all you had to do was not answer.  I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the game mechanics as they are currently programmed.

Like I asked... did you read my post.  Like at all?  Do I have to scrawl it in crayon?

1 hour ago, bojo2736 said:

Like I asked... did you read my post.  Like at all?  Do I have to scrawl it in crayon?

Nothing you wrote in this thread indicates the answer to the questions so if it helps you to use crayon please feel free.

"And the fact that you can't easily tell is a design problem."     - Me

o.O

Here is how the game mechanic works on this as far as I know from a player perspective.

On the public servers there is no PVE option.  None. You are at the mercy of whoever else is using the server.

Since this guy was banned, he was on a private server. Obviously not set to PVE.  There could be game play reasons for this, or they could have been using an old map.

The server I admin is strictly PVE.  It is built that way from the beginning.  You can't harm another player's avatar.  You can still steal, break, generally be obnoxious. 

I agree (and have stated on numerous threads) that it should be immediately obvious to anyone entering the game.  There is a design problem here that it isn't.

Edited by bojo2736
More info

8 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

Since this guy was banned, he was on a private server.

Not necessarily... the static name was bought in to enable the devs to ban players from joining any servers (including those paid for/hosted by that player apparently), so it may have been one of the official servers.

I know from personal experience that this doesn't get you banned from the official servers. Yes, they could. But they don't.