Chromedome2

Server Cleanup Utility!

Question

With all the Tree Bark, Sticks, and Stones lying about is it any wonder the servers eventually grind to a halt after only a few weeks time? Stout Crusher mentioned it to me and now I'm mentioning it to you. 

We desperately need a Server Cleanup Utility! A way to keep our servers running fast as ever because they wouldn't have to allocate as many resources or remember quite as much all the time. 

Edited by Chromedome2
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

vultures!....bring back he vultures! ...after  3 days   of  inactivity the  vultures  can  clean them up  :D  

• Haha 1

On 10/17/2018 at 6:33 PM, bb cakes_P1 said:

I would be happy with body abandonment clean up.

Agreed, by all means! The Server Clean up Utility [SCU] would have to include this feature as an essential part of it seeing that this is of particular importance at Spawn where the body count can add quickly and quite literally shut a server down. Then too, the SCU would have to distinguish between player dropped entities and player placed entities to avoid inadvertently " cleaning up" of a player's items which are placed on the ground either for aesthetics or for lack of better storage. And it should also make an exception for mine drops and tree choppings so as not to rob a player of their freshly mined/chopped resources. It might even Clean up the Stones in excess of a certain number leaving Stone Chunks, Marble Chunks, and Sandstone Chunks in place. It may also clean up Tree Bark in excess of a certain number leaving Logs, Sticks and Wood Pieces in place and the " certain number" could be a customizable pre-set value in the SCU settings.

• Upvote 1

It's boring with all lags and bugs of multiplayers servers ... It's too long to fix the performance :(

Edited by jeunekeum54

A type of Vacuum Cleaner would also be great for after using the mining drill, or someone cutting down 30 trees. :D

• Upvote 1