Aleš Ulm

Dev Diary #51

Hey there, fellow ylanders.

We hope that you like that little something we released in 0.10.1 to keep you occupied while you wait for the update 0.11 - especially the new “off-road” chassis can be a lot of fun!

Let me start with some more information about how all the Decorations will turn into common free items - specifically about the way how those of you who bought some will be refunded. Whoever has bought any Decorations in the past will receive all the coyns they spent on those few days after 0.11 is released. The delay is necessary because players will be able to buy Decorations pretty much until 0.11 is released and we need some time to process the data. Worry not, though, you will get your coyns back. :)

20181013220151_1.jpg.a5841f6bff5c1ba35a0be302585a3e73.jpg
Those already great looking scenes can look even better with all Decorations available for free in 0.11!  (Dishonored house interior courtesy of @Deadeye_Rob)

Also those of you who have visited our QA Lead Eris at this year’s gamescom will get their pet around the same time. We thought we would be able to make this happen sooner but due to technical reasons this will be possible only after 0.11 is released. Speaking of pets - we are working on several new ones and I’m pretty sure you will (* hype alert *) love them. And because the last time I mentioned pets some have asked about this I'll just mention that all Early Access players will get a very unique pet when we’re leaving the EA.

On another note - from time to time we see posts discussing Ylands future popping up so I would like you to know that before the end of this year we would like to post information about where we see Ylands going in 2019 and beyond. One thing is clear, though, Ylands is coming out of EA in 2019. You will all witness how we’re going to get there - the bugs getting crushed, the game becoming more polished and, in general, user-friendlier. We've started with 0.10, and the upcoming 0.11 will be no different. Sooner or later (hopefully sooner) we'll leave EA and with Ylands in good shape we'll be finally able to "make the splash".

Speaking of making the splash - the Ylands team is still growing with the latest addition being Marton, our new experienced “marketing guy” who will help us achieve that. He wanted to tell you this:

"Greetings fellow Ylanders, a pleasure to make your acquaintance!
It's truly an honour to be joining such an amazing team and I can't wait to make sure that the splash is as huge as it can be - hopefully with your aid as well!
I'm looking forward to staying classy with you all!
"

And that’s it for today. Next week will talk about some of the cool things you can expect in 0.11. Until then you have a great week, ylanders, and as always - stay classy!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Look forward to it! I know you guys worked really hard on the UI but I would like to suggest a small patch to it for new people. As a new person its super hard to find out how to simply begin a solo game. 

People just keep click home over and over looking for a start game button. They dont know what explore is or why they should choose it. 

Limiting them to explore for their first game might be key :) 

Actually we've received a lot of feedback mentioning this thing - players having problems navigating the Main menu, starting game etc. There will definitely be some changes.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2018 at 5:20 AM, Aleš Ulm said:

"make the splash".

Water physics?! Is that the new surprise in development to be released in 0.11? 

I would prefer the water physics personally. Hadn't seen any gamebreaking bugs or stuff that's supposedly missing or some sort. There is not much to do in-game along the house building and naval expeditions, and that's a little bit of a problem on my thought

• Upvote 2