Sign in to follow this  
Igor Q.

Trying to find or create certain functions

Hi

Im right now currently working on a map and am trying to figure out how to add these functions using visual script.

1) Assign team/role based on interaction/trigger. (This also applies to spawned objects such as furniture and mobs)

2) Create an attack move function that I can use with mobs. (My current idea is the ability to "summon" a mob that will attack move to an enemy player/mob)

3) Create camera effects for specific players in a multiplayer map.

4) Import or create models/items with custom values such as effects, abilities, etc. (Think warcraft 3 editor)

1) As far as im aware there is currently no way to assign team/role , they are chosen by the player when the enter the  game, if its multiplayer i recommend using arrays

2)This would be quite hard to do because you cant change mobs AI you could move the entity closer to the enemy but there would be no animations

3)What type of camera effects are you looking for , they are quite limited at the moment

4) You cant important models made in external modeling software, Modding support is however planned for the future

:P

I assign teams or groups using Labels (which is basically just prefab arrays).  It would be great, though, if we could set roles in the script, because then we could get the clothing and equipment that come with it rather than manually adding and equipping each item.

Ad 1)

Well, the thing is that you don't need roles that much actually.

You can always assign players certain Entity labels and then work according to which label each player has. You can create functions that will spawn equipment to players inventory and can have different equipment set (eg. array, or label with templates) for each role.

So each time player fires some kind of role changing trigger, you can reassign him label and respawn equipment.

Ad 2)

The AI is now very limited at the moment, but in future when (hopefully) it will get improved, there would be probably some instructions that will allow some degree of control over AI. At this moment it is only possible to spawn a creature, but it will not respect role/team.

Ad 3)

Some degree of camera control and camera post-process effects are planned later in 2019.

Ad 4)

Not yet, thats a huge feature, but we are constantly expanding objects library and there are some improvements regarding grouping/parenting planned for 2019