Oliver Hope

Locking items to the player

Hey

Its important for some games to be able to lock items/armor to the character.

This should stop players from removing items from the inventory

stop players from removing armor

Another option to stop players moving stuff in their inventory 

I think it would be best done as a property of the entity

• Upvote 1

Don't the listeners have the ability to detect changes in player inventory now?  I would set up one of those, along with code to forcibly replace or re-equip whatever they try to drop or unequip.  I might play with that when I get home this evening (after documenting an error I ran into last night).

Doing it this way would also allow the option of applying some kind of penalty to the player that tries it, such as a temporary speed penalty or costing them points.

1 hour ago, Indomitus said:

Don't the listeners have the ability to detect changes in player inventory now?  I would set up one of those, along with code to forcibly replace or re-equip whatever they try to drop or unequip.  I might play with that when I get home this evening (after documenting an error I ran into last night).

Doing it this way would also allow the option of applying some kind of penalty to the player that tries it, such as a temporary speed penalty or costing them points.

We cant keep adding systems like these to remove features that are already in the game, we should simply be able to disable them

Hi, locking equip (or just free equipment slot) will be there probably in 0.12. (same does not apply for inventory at the moment)

• Thanks 1