Sign in to follow this  
Indomitus

building material suggestion: Mud Brick

Question

Brick is a nice material to build with, but the main problem with it is that is consumes clay, which can be a valuable resource and hard to get enough to build anything.  Mud Brick doesn't use clay.  The real ingredients are basically mud, sand, and straw.  In Ylands, that could be dirt, sand, and hay.  Those are all very plentiful in the game.  And since real mud bricks are usually hardened with fire, they could be made in the kiln.  They would be less durable than clay bricks, but much easier to get the ingredients to make them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

I like this idea. I like using clay over stone as a construction material because of its two-tone colour options. As Indomitus meantioned, it can be difficult to find a deposit large enough for a decent build so mud bricks would be a nice variation.

I agree.  Also IRL you can make clay from mud.   This would be a great option on the biomes that don't have clay. Either have mud bricks or be able to craft clay from soil. Maybe 20 soils to 1 clay.  It would take some time, but it could be useful. 

• Downvote 1