Sign in to follow this  
Rejhon

What do I need to build a gaming PC?

I am going to build my first PC and plan to use it mainly for gaming. The PC on the market is more or less unsatisfactory.  But I don't know much about it. If I want a high-end configuration, what should a game PC have? What are the requirements for components, formats and design? I really need your advice.

Thank you a lot!

Update: I have reviewed a lot of information recently. Many people have given me some useful suggestions. I have assembled my first game PC. This seems to be a difficult process. Maybe you have the same idea. I share a very detailed article about what the game PC should have. I look forward to discussing it together.

Edited by Rejhon

I've never built one from scratch, but I have opened quite a few for repairs or upgrades.  (I often joke that's why I never buy the warranty.  I'll just void it anyway when I open the computer.)

My part of the advice is don't forget about the workspace that you will need to assemble it.  Make sure it's large enough, solid, stable, flat, clean, dry, well-ventilated, and that you have all the tools to do the job and protect the sensitive components.  Don't use a bed or couch as a workspace, for example, because the cloth will build up static like mad.  It's scary how quickly and easily one shock of static from a finger or elbow can ruin something.

Edited by Indomitus
  • Upvote 2

Good point.  The second thing you should settle on is Case size.  As a general rule, the larger the case, the more airflow, the cooler it can possibly run, the better it performs.  Keeping it cool will become an issue before you plan for it.

• Upvote 1

My Pc was first assembled  in 2006 !  its  still the  " same " Pc   ...( like the  Maori  axe ...has had  3 replacement heads and  5  replacement  handles  ..but  still is the same  axe ? )     When i first  got it, it was " built"  by  my other half  from rejects  at a computer swap-meet. Other nerd  gamers had upgraded and  were selling  at discount prices their superseded  bits and we started off with a  huge case ..that could  accommodate a lot of  stuff.  The original  cpu was an  amd  dual core ...bees knees for the day.!

As a result ,  over the years in stages  i have out in a new Motherboard,   Intel i3  upgraded  cpu ...  added an  external 2 Tb  HD ...(inside the case!)  beefier PS  and a Nvidia 750 gtxi video card...  plus  other  bits.  Having all the room  allowed for  extra  slots  for things  and  also an additional  fan for  cooling.    Getting to the stage  though, where another upgrade will  be needed  .. but  the   $$$$'s  have  yet to be found...

One  day  ?

• Haha 1

My 2 cents to add is that if you are like me, try to get a quiet cooling system out of liquid or something. You can't imagine how annoying it can get if your PC fan is loud.

• Upvote 1