kimbuck

ship construction woes... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Question

So  i  built a ship ... i  laid the  hull and  necessary  superstructure  to make it   work then  returned it to near  my pier to add enhancements.

I placed a  bed on the  deck  ..and it   disappeared...      oh well  whats  new?  -  built  more superstructure and added engines  and tried to sail ...ship would not  move ...  saw the  bed on the ocean floor  ..it   was acting like an anchor,  welded to the ship.   I  managed to remove it  ... then  once again tried to  move   the ship  ..

!!!!!!   etc>:(

.. ship had  apparently   drifted  close to the pier and   welded itself to the pier...  ( i could tell this because  lamps   and crystals place on the   deck   had  " moved .."  ..actually  they had not,  the   ship had   moved!

Faced with a  dilemma.  either  deconstruct the  ship   and  start again ..or   remove the pier..and see if that works .

I tried... the ship was in   construction mode  but i cannot   deconstruct it ,  or the pier it is "attached" to  ...using  either  a hammer,   demo  hammer or  annihilator..

I managed to   use a hammer to remove  all the   superstructure,  including  ladders but the  aft and the   hull will not yield....  

Every time i  struck the   aft  section with  a  hammer   to "deconstruct ' it ..it  stays  there and  adds  wood and  nails to my inventory! ..and i run out of  inventory space.

I gave  up ...  logged out in frustration  and    have  included  the   logs  etc    hoping you  cry over them as much as i  did! :P

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Edited by kimbuck

20 replies to this bug / suggestion

I  re-joined,  hoping that like a   pimple on  my  nose, it would  disappear  overnight.

No such luck ....  

attached are screenshots ...  first one  is of  me   waiting to "deconstruct" the  aft section... hammer   ready.

Next  screenshot   shows   my inventory  before   attempts to  deconstruct... subsequent ones   show   what happens  after  each  deconstruct-blow....note that  planks  and   nails  increase .. but the  object   remains!

If  only  the money in my  purse in RL  worked like that!   :)

20190529094336_1.jpg

20190529094228_1.jpg

20190529094322_1.jpg

20190529094403_1.jpg

20190529094435_1.jpg

managed  to  recover  ship hull ... i  had to  disagreeable nearly  all my pier until there was a  significant  gap between  it and the ship   By putting  dirt in the gap  i bounced the  ship  further  away   and then   was able  to deconstruct the  pier  attached to the  ship .  I put  on a temporary  engine  and  it  finally chugged  further  away    and  i parked it  where there was no chance of   welding it  to any other   land based  structure. 

After a  soul  fortifying   coffee ... will   start to   rebuild  ...but   sheeeeesh!  what a lot of  work..

hehe ...planking   ...hmmmmm

anyway  work this out! ...someone came to visit ..and   although i had moved the  ship   he could  not  see it  but  could   see the  helm,  anchor  and  anchor chain     stuck to the pier  where i had moved it  from!  He Sent me a  screenshot, but he   was unable to    send it to  the forums here..    ( technologically  challenged ..omg  someone worse than me!)

Guess its  time for me  to    have another  stiff  drink and  carry on  regardless ;)

for  your  information...  logged in and  discovered that the water near   my pier  where  my ship had  glitched   had  also glitched,,, there was a spherical  depression!

the   logs   are  attached in another  thread...inventory  weirdness.

Sperical depression suggests powder keg use.  What are you people doing to my map? 

the depression was next to the pier where he  ship was  moved from.  The water there is  deep...  others can vouch for that! whatever it  was its  not of  player use/actions ..   unless   removing the  pier supports   had something to do with it.

Any  estimates  as to when  water  will be " turned back on "  ?

On 5/31/2019 at 1:14 AM, kimbuck said:

Any  estimates  as to when  water  will be " turned back on "  ?

Currently it is planned for sometime after 1.0.

• Thanks 1

yes...ships  sure  bugg  ( er)  ed !!!!!!!

I placed a hull...  and  for  ages had  difficulty  getting  it to accept   a    forepart and  aft...  finally it  worked...so added    engines... then  built a   simple   superstructure to act as a cover/cabin  at  rear of  ship.

Went  for a test run ... ship went  superb!  no   stutter or  whatever...and  did a  circuit of  my  island.....      

docked   adjacent to  my  wharf ... but  far away  not to get stuck  on it .... and then   selected   E   to     add more to superstructure ..including   nav  lights.

The forepart and  aft, and all added  superstructure  disappeared!!!!!!  

All i got left with  is  the   base keel   helm anchor and  engines

Looks  like  sailing   is  a long way off.... until the next  update fix  arrives! its  not worth  wasting time to build   ships and have  this  happen.

log  file,  and whats left of  ship in screenshot   attached.

20190623133746_1.jpg

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

A  re-log... re- join ...   sacrifice of 15  virgins ( hard to find these days),  dancing around a  statue waving a shrunken head on a stick  and  chanting and  cursing   ....all did not  fix it.¬¬

Guess its best to wait   until the  Devs  do a   bug-exorcism   :)

• Haha 1

Others  are  reporting   this  issue  in  the P1 gaming  discord  chat .... it  appears   that once a  ship is  assembled,  if  you go back to add extra items  and  use the   E  command....  all the added  stuff  disappears.. .. and   you are left with an non-usable ship !

Yep.  Popped back in on SP after a long absence... Ooh, updates and new stuff!

Go to build a boat... okay.  Add another mast at the next island, most of my cabin pieces vanish and steering becomes difficult (at best).  Try to move away from the third island and steering is now non-existent.

=whines= 

I have a  ship  hull  after   everything  disappeared  that i cannot   put  things  on ..or   destroy,  either by hammer or  annihilator ...   its   a dead object i cannot  assemble/build on    or  move  or  remove.

So  i constructed another  ship  hull ... fitted  a  fore part and   stern,  helm  and added  6  engines ....   and a couple of  crystals  for lighting ...assembled it and went for a spin...   perfect!.   took a   screenshot .... then   selected   E  to   try and add a superstructure...and    yup!    ..all the add-ons  disappeared,  leaving  just the   helm anchor, crystals and engines ....   

before and  after   screenshots  of  ship and   logs  attached.

I also   cannot    build on  it ...  all objects  are outlined in red  and cannot be placed.

:/   Now  have a  ship  graveyard    blocking  my   dockyard

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

20190624115854_1.jpg

20190624115944_1.jpg

I have built a ship. Fine, everything works well. Then I decided to rebuild. And see now - all of my parts are everywhere. After that, my ship can sail just backwards or forwards. Not to the right or left.

The old fix to the steering bug used to be: put a feather on the deck, then pick it up. No, I am not joking. 

I have no idea if it will work with the current steering issues.

first   catch your   bird   ....B|     ..would an eagle  feather do ?:D

Given  up on  ships.

I tried again,   keeping it  simple ,,,  basic   hull   fore  aft   5 engines  helm  anchor some lanterns  and a small covered area  with   sleeping and  seating   facilities.

Released anchor, and    ship moved  with the waves ,   so did  everything  else on the  ship  ...looked promising.

lowered anchor   then went to helm  and  E  to assemble  ship ....     bang  bang  etc  and  all looked ok .

released  anchor and  took   helm   ship moved and  half the  engines,  lanterns and   the  covered area  blocks   went  with the   ship .. the rest stayed  put!

Ok  so   tried   E  to    try and  fix   things ...   and  ship  parts  went  everywhere...   so  then  tried to  deconstruct it   all ...no go  ...  annihilator  or    demolition hammer useless ..

Again,  got  a  useless hull  which  will not  accept  anything to  be    built  on  it ...  and  from the  reports in discord  i am not  alone. I hear  even  rafts   are a disaster... inverting when placed in the water.

Didn't  bother with  logs..  already  sent  some previously. ...and its the  same issue.

Sailing?....not  worth  trying...  

hi ylands,

twice now i have built a ship and happily sailed off to discover other island.. Once you build the ship and construct it everything is good until you deconstruct the ship to add additional items..  At the point of deconstruction half of the ship disappears, i have provided screenshots of this and the log files.

can you resolve this as it's really getting annoying, especially when you can see bits of your ship floating in the sea behind you :-(

thanks

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

Ylands_190706_230847.png

Ylands_190706_233504.png

Ylands_190706_233341.png