Sign in to follow this  
XXon

Help me respawn in my scenario?

I generated an explore map in editor, modded a survival scenario on an island. Eventually you escape to the second island. But, in TEST mode, when I die on this second island and click "respawn", I end up back on the original island. I tried creating "Spawn point 2" on the second island, but then when I test I just start off on the second island already. What am I doing wrong? Will this work any differently in an actual game? Many thanks for your advice.

Hi, special respawning rules applies only for builtin Explore mode. Explore map from editor is just several ylands with different biomes. No other special rules applies.

In your case I would have Spawn point on each of ylands. These Spawn points I would have inside Game logic label. In "on death" event I would find out which of the spawn points is nearest to the player and I would set his respawn point to that point.

Thank you! I watched Red Eagle's video about teleporter scripting and set up island wide trigger zones to reset the spawn point. Perhaps there is a more graceful way to do it, but that worked. Thank you both for your help.

On 7/16/2019 at 12:52 AM, Houp said:

Hi, special respawning rules applies only for builtin Explore mode. Explore map from editor is just several ylands with different biomes. No other special rules applies.

In your case I would have Spawn point on each of ylands. These Spawn points I would have inside Game logic label. In "on death" event I would find out which of the spawn points is nearest to the player and I would set his respawn point to that point.

Yeah. Not true. On standard explore right now, death and unstuck 1 bring you back to the first island. I have reported this twice inside the game so you should have the logs. 

On 7/16/2019 at 4:18 PM, XXon said:

Thank you! I watched Red Eagle's video about teleporter scripting and set up island wide trigger zones to reset the spawn point. Perhaps there is a more graceful way to do it, but that worked. Thank you both for your help.

Hey hey :D glad you enjoyed it. @Igor Q. knows how to do this well :D 

• Like 1