Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

Where are all the brave explorers? spawn full of wussies who give up!

Where are the brave  explorers?

Currently  spawn is littered  with "wussies" who arrive, and after finding there is nothing they can steal,  properties are locked,  and they have to actually  craft things to survive ... they  give  up ...never to return!!!

Come on players, this is a  survival /craft /  create   game.  Its  not  Donkey Kong or some other mindless  shoot em up  or kill the monsters   and such  game ...its a combination of  using  crafts,  survival techniques, creative  skills and social interaction.

You  dont  get things  handed to you ... you have to   learn and earn

But it seems the  MP servers  get infested with  those who want it too easy .. they  are not prepared to be adventurous, or  learn crafts  or  explore... or  interact  with others

These  wussies  just want the  easy way ... steal what they need , and  when  that fails ...  destroy what they can ...and then rather  than create,   they  go offline..never to return

My base  gets  overcrowded with  these interlopers  who arrive ... they might craft a  helmet...   but that's  all ... then they sit  around  cluttering up places where i could build or create  something.  I have lost patience ..i now  build  out on a platform  over the  water..if someone  goes  offline  for  over 24  hours on my base, i deconstruct the floor under them ...dump  them in the  water ... then  cover up the opening.  :)  I got a real graveyard  under  my place ?

But  still i  ask  ..wheres the adventurers?    On the current  game i  have sailed around the   spawn  a island and  found   islands  untouched ..   It seems a lot of people are too lazy to  build  ships,   craft,   explore...    thinking is too hard for them☹️

Speaking only for myself, after 1000+ hours of this game, there is nothing to explore or survive. Repeating the crafting tree again isn't interesting and survival presents no challenges whatsoever. Once you tire of making things no one will see, all that is left is to log onto an empty server and look at some buildings someone made and log off, depressed about the broken game. While I don't steal or grief, I can understand that the small thrill this might give is the only interesting thing left to do. After a few minutes, I "wuss out" and log off in a remote spot or in the ocean, but some folks just want to say "I was here" and leave their character as a calling card. All symptoms of boredom, in my opinion.

Looking forward to the update, I check almost everyday and daydream about it. I hope it can revive this game and give people the entertainment they are obviously looking for.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If the update doesnt  fix  things  and solve the current issues, Ylands is dead in the  water regardless of all the new  whizzbang promises  being touted.

Every day i go to log in and the game is  offline..it has to be  restarted.

Apparently  they did a  complete server  clean up  and  dumped  gazillions of   old  files...   that was a day ago and the game was again offline  today. Again the  server logs  apparently showed the   game was  cluttered with old  files  etc.

If they have to  wipe and restart every  map after 3 to 5  days, then you can see why people are  not  coming back !!!

.You log in..its a new map .. you start to build  ... have to attend to  real life for a day  ...  try to log in  but the games fallen over... and when  you do get back it had to be a new map ..and you start all over again gathering  rocks   grass and   flint  etc. to craft.. You are often the only one on  the server after 3  days...others have lost interest.

Repeat 4  times in  3 weeks and you see why players  do not  stay.

The  game  has to be fixed to make it contain  interest as it  progresses...  remain playable,  and last more than  a handful of days.

We live in hope .

• Upvote 1