seanlove85@gmail.com

Editor Mode - Blueprints

You should be able to do so with the blueprint camera. Though maybe there is a better way someone more knowledgeable will tell you about ?

You can only blueprint under your own activated barrier.  What I do is make an exploration map, pull it into editor and give myself several barriers(place it outside of my inventory then duplicate in editor,) lock them in a safe along with a cube.  I build what I want in the editor, then make a composition, place it in your blueprint map.  Now you can make blueprint with limitations.

Your blueprint will only capture the building, not any craftable items that you have placed inside.  Also if you used any non craftable blocks in your build (the painted sandstone ones always get me) they will stop you being able to blueprint the build.

I haven't played with ship blueprinting yet.  

Edited by bojo2736
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

As bojo2736 said above, you can't make blueprints in Editor, just in Exploration. But you can make a building (ship, car) in Editor, save it as a Composition and then open a Exploration map in the Editor, place the composition, save it and then go back to Exploration and capture it as a blueprint.

You cant save an editor creation directly as a blueprint. Rather you need to play your scenario and use the blueprint camera. 

1 hour ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

You cant save an editor creation directly as a blueprint. Rather you need to play your scenario and use the blueprint camera. 

Only with a barrier.  I don't think scenario games have that. Only exploration. 

this is the problem ism ask for :) @devs pls add a "blueprint creation" tab or option into the editor for easy blueprint creating! this handy dandy with the camera is a hoax. 

its easier for BP-Creators and new players in creating content for the game 

Hoax?   The camera has always given the notice that you have to be using it in your own barrier area.   I'm not sure where you get the hoax from?  

Hoax might not be the correct word but Dead8Eye's got the right of it.  It is a very poor design decision for a game about creation to require such a convoluted workaround for something as simple as making blueprints from objects built in the editor.  It makes absolutely zero sense and is yet another one of those head-scratchers that seems to pop up more and more often.

I don't think it is intended as a way to move items from the editor. It is intended, as far as I can tell, for players in explore to keep their creations. If you are a player and not a server administrator, you can't keep those things from one game to the next. You lose your builds forever.  

If you are a server admin you make compositions and place them into the map. And as a designer, I prefer to do it that way. It allows me the ability to make the build as interactive as I want it. Making things unpickable, turning off interactions, allows you to make beautiful things that don't get destroyed. 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 12:29 AM, bojo2736 said:

I don't think it is intended as a way to move items from the editor. It is intended, as far as I can tell, for players in explore to keep their creations. If you are a player and not a server administrator, you can't keep those things from one game to the next. You lose your builds forever.  

If you are a server admin you make compositions and place them into the map. And as a designer, I prefer to do it that way. It allows me the ability to make the build as interactive as I want it. Making things unpickable, turning off interactions, allows you to make beautiful things that don't get destroyed. 

Can you clarify some things for me please? I know you are knowledgeable about the game so I might as well ask directly.I am having a really hard time with the blueprint camera and the only response i've ever gotten is someone who sighed at me and assumed I didn't have the construction mode on my ship when taking the blueprint. In construction mode, so the glowing lines are around the ship, within my barrier, and it still tells me I can't make a blueprint with blocks and vehicles in the same blueprint. Speaking with people about this, it seems to be possible to capture the hull AND the blocks all together. Right? So why is this not happening? I'm super frustrated...from what you have said there are certain blocks that can't be in a blueprint capture with the camera? How do I know which ones these are? I haven't used anything fancy, floor blocks, wood beams, glass windows, wood windows, pier blocks, etc. I even went through this painful process of just capturing the blocks and not the hull and it captured that...but it won't align to a hull of the same size in another game. Thank you, bojo.

Edited by Antimidation

I haven't tried this yet. But I understand that it is really fiddly.  You can do everything right, and it still may not work.  

Make sure there is nothing in the water. Seaweed etc. Then you have to use the camera to scan the whole thing. Start at one corner, drag it around the horizontal plane. Then the vertical plane. If you dont have a prop pack this could be harder.

And this all needs to be with an active barrier. I will try to get a video.

No sighing here. This stuff is hard.