Sign in to follow this  
F.hao

Monitor Projectile

How can i monitor the object by Throw action?

The throw code use the Entity template. but i can't know the stuff by player use Throw action.like the postion, the name....

So anyway to Monitor it?Thanks here.

Are you trying to control an item that can be already thrown like grenades?

Or are you trying to script your own throw?

If you are making your own Entity template and creating a custom throw. Then you need to handle when the "throw" will occur. Like the player clicks LMB. You'll have to setup custom controls for that. And setup an event listener to listen for custom control from player.

In there you will be given the player object so you know who is throwing. 

You'll also have all the options given to you by the throw tile itself. On entity hit returns 2 values. Where it hit and what it hit. In this case Entity can also be the player which was hit.

Does this help at all? I am being brief. Or please rewrite your question to be more clear.

Edited by Malaka135

@F.hao

Unfortunately no. There is no way to monitor the item being thrown.

However if you need, there is an event listener to see when a projectile pierces a zone.

image.png.f823f219f45bdb9438c8e2fb5c827b12.png

@Adam Snellgrove It would be helpful if we can monitor the position of the object being shot. especially, the initial vector and aim of the player

20 hours ago, Igor Q. said:

@Igor Q.  Thank you very much. well, i have try to monitor the item by thrown via the Trigger Zone, or use the Event Monitor the two entity when damage. but all useless, i can't grab it.

When i use the Trigger Zone via Projectile. log only shows 'Null'. It's means i don't knows which item comes in.only know it got inside-------Well,maybe....i'm thinking,maybe i needn't know what it is?Oh no no, how could i know the player was attack by a big fire ball or a little ice arrow?That' what i confused.-----So for now, i just use another way to stimulate the thrown,it's a not real parabola.it's a route animation.lol

@Malaka135 and thank you,yes we know the target by thrown item attack. It's good. But my problem is identify where thrown stuff is. By the way, i found when the item by thrown was touche the target. there need few second, item will disappear. Why? haha, first i think it's easy way to make player fire something....? but no...

The "throw" logic is actually the exact same logic used for the bow and arrow, hence why they disappear after a bit.

On 12/27/2019 at 7:49 PM, Igor Q. said:

The "throw" logic is actually the exact same logic used for the bow and arrow, hence why they disappear after a bit.

oh no...i'm lazy.? don't want do it by myself