Adam Snellgrove

Dev Diary #112

Hey there Ylanders! 

We are nearing our first update after the release of Ylands out of Early Access and while there will be a lot of fixes and polishing, we also have some cool stuff lined up. Today we’ll have a look at a couple.  

First up is probably the biggest change to Exploration in 1.1 and that’s the Far East biome. This biome inspired by the far east of Japan and China will be a great addition to the tried and tested biomes. You’ll be able to find the Far East Yland in nearly every Exploration map and you can also play around with it in Editor. We also prepared a score of new encounters that will populate new Exploration games, so I’m looking forward to your exploration pics of these ?

112 1.png

112 3.png

Next up is the dreaded Big Foot! This guy is the distant cousin of our beloved Yeti, but Big Foot isn’t an easy-going lad, but rather a ferocious creature ready to pounce on any survivor, so beware when you explore Ylands not to fall prey to this mythical creature. Creators will also be able to use Big Foot in their creations and this could turn into a fun photographing game, for instance, trying to snap the ever-elusive Big Foot ? Our hairy fella also comes in a variety of colours, so there really is a lot to play around with. 

bigfood01_4k.png

And maybe a few of you have noticed an ominous figure in that last screenshot ? Let’s just say, that dressing up has just been made a lot more...automated ? You’ll also be able to pick up this costume in the next update so really a lot to look forward to ?

We’ll talk about 1.1 even more next week Ylanders, but until then, 

Stay classy! 

• Like 6

Zooms in on the costume and thinks about "go go power rangers" ? 

Really looking forward to exploring this new biome! Even if it means taking it slowly with the new dangers lurking around. 

• Haha 1

The new costume looks cool. But I would prefer having it as "crafting clothes". It would be cool having them for a sci fi style game where teamed players are dressed all the same. 

Can't wait to see the new biome ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Indian Chief said:

10 hours ago, Indian Chief said:

Great to see you're address all the issues that need fixing.... oh wait you haven't touched them!

We are addressing a lot of issues this update. Which one do you mean?

Most important, fix the exploration servers. As you already know, they are having a lot of issues. I totally stopped playing exploration, which was the main reason I started to play ylands. I love the editor and playing with scripting. But I really miss my adventures in Exploration and giving @MyPa553ng3r a lot of headaches ?

Please indicate whether the new biome, encounters and big foot will spawn in already explored maps or partially explored maps or if they will only generate on exploration maps made after the update.  Thank you.

I seem to be unable to see this biome. Is it only available in new Exploration games or are preexisting ones able to get it somehow? 

Edited by Nahni

4 hours ago, Nahni said:

I seem to be unable to see this biome. Is it only available in new Exploration games or are preexisting ones able to get it somehow? 

It's coming in the next update ? Not in the game yet.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Litl Daffodil said:

Please indicate whether the new biome, encounters and big foot will spawn in already explored maps or partially explored maps or if they will only generate on exploration maps made after the update.  Thank you.

You will still be able to play your old maps, but they will not have the new content. You'll have to spawn a new map for that.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

It's coming in the next update ? Not in the game yet.

Ohhhhh!!! Well heck! That makes sense!! LOL ? Thanks, Adam! My Clan is looking forward to it!!! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

You will still be able to play your old maps, but they will not have the new content. You'll have to spawn a new map for that.

Thank you, that was what I anticipated but wanted to confirm.

• Like 1